The "guy in the corner" who snatched victory from my claws after my scorpion broo had killed Simon's rhino broo in a fair fight (lesser broo and backstabbing my boots, and it was you who picked the fight instead of running away with the gold chest - typically Brit... er, brooish) was the French novelist Mathieu Gaborit.
Actually, I did not hear any SNORE MONSTERS. But there was a nice performance of chamber music, featuring:
Clarinet: Eric Vanel
Anyone who slept in the room can confirm the music performance was neat - despite the bad acoustics in the castle.
Most memorable moments:
1. Flying ever closer to the sea before the pilot seemed to find a runway sticking out into the bay.
2. Fearing that I was the only one in costume.
3. Realising that people played until 3am - (Wasn't there a rule/guideline about that? Isn't the time moving slowly backwards as we all get older? It'll be 10 o'clock soon)
4. Meeting old friends and new ones.
5. The Money Trick and the revelation of the Satrap of Prax, seeing the new member of the Sazdork Whackoffs and Tackle team run off with my duck and seeing my rhino broo backstabbed by a broo that had been hiding in the marshes.
6. The sheer enthusiasm of some of the players. Truly refreshing.
Anyway, I made my coach connection at Gatwick, despite a half-hour delay, but had to run the 100m in what seemed like 5 seconds with a rucksack and suitcase - I left my lungs couching on the tarmac, though.
How can I persuade my wife to let me go next year?
You may have ended up with the most gold, but I ended up as Satrap of Prax. The look on Jeff's face....
Many of the figures will be on sale later this year, by a company called Mad Knight. They are waiting until they go live before publicising their website, but will be taking online orders soon ...
The skirmish rules need a few tweaks and more unit writeups, but could be coming to WFs soon ...
Everything is coming soon, even Merrie England ...
Are these for sale somewhere?
I couldn't possibly comment.
But, I wouldn't be surprised to see something appear sometime in a fanzine somewhere ...
Hey, neat! Am I correct in understanding that in addition to new GLoranthan miniatures, we'll be getting a set of skirmish rules to go along with them?
I really cannot wait to see these. I knew this stuff was cool as I saw Dario drawing the pictures.
With this new line of minis and Gregory's games, Chimeriades will be a miniature game fest.