Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Arrrgh Pirates!

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Arrrgh Pirates!

Greetings fellow BRP'ers As you no doubt saw in the Beetle Ramblings, I am finishing up a monograph for Chaosium, Arrrgh Pirates!. I should have this submitted by the end of the month.

Arrrgh Pirates! covers the Golden Age of Piracy, giving you options to play from straight historical to over the top cinematic. It includes a variety of rules options, most notably new powers and an advanced naval combat system. Also in the monograph is a mystical history setting, Bokors and Broadsides.

I need some people who would like to aid the playtesting in these last three weeks. I had two groups of playtesters, but one has disintegrated (one guy bought a house, one guy has a new girlfriend, etc...). ANyone interested, please PM and I'll fill you in on the particulars.

Ken Spencer

Downloads
    Uploads

While I don't have a group open right now for playtest, the game sounds really cool. I'll be keeping an eye open for it.
    5/420

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by IndianaKen View Post
    Greetings fellow BRP'ers As you no doubt saw in the Beetle Ramblings, I am finishing up a monograph for Chaosium, Arrrgh Pirates!. I should have this submitted by the end of the month.
    More monograph goodness - excellent. :thumb:

Arrrgh Pirates! covers the Golden Age of Piracy, giving you options to play from straight historical to over the top cinematic. It includes a variety of rules options, most notably new powers and an advanced naval combat system. Also in the monograph is a mystical history setting, Bokors and Broadsides.
    Sounds great. I will pick up a copy.

I need some people who would like to aid the playtesting in these last three weeks. I had two groups of playtesters, but one has disintegrated (one guy bought a house, one guy has a new girlfriend, etc...). ANyone interested, please PM and I'll fill you in on the particulars.

Ken Spencer
    Sorry, but good luck nonetheless. :thumb:
    Very slowly working towards completing my monograph.

Downloads
    Uploads

I'll join in the chorus of "Hey, this sounds cool! I'd love to help you playtest, but..."

And in my case it boils down to not being able to get my group together to play the things we're already committed to playing, let alone to playtest something on relatively short notice. Oy

Still, it sounds great and I'll be sure to pick up a copy once it's available, me hearty.
    75/420
    ---
    Geek blogging at http://strangestones.com

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

I'l make an announcement on the Basic Roleplaying Yahoo! group to see if we get some takers there.

SGL.
    Ef plest master, this mighty fine grub!
    116/420. High Priest.

Downloads
    Uploads

Trifletraxor:
    I'l make an announcement on the Basic Roleplaying Yahoo! group to see if we get some takers there.
    Thanks, that would help. Thanks to all who have expressed support for Arrrgh Pirates!

What I am looking for inplaytesting is less of a group of people playing the game, but more of some floks who would be interested in rolling up some characters using the optional rules and running through some naval battles to make sure I've got all the bugs worked out of the mechanics.

Downloads
    Uploads

I don't have a group at present either, but I'd be happy to test and critique the optional character creation and naval battle rules for you.

Stephen Posey
    stephenlposey@earthlink.net

Downloads
    Uploads

Trifletraxor:

What I am looking for inplaytesting is less of a group of people playing the game, but more of some floks who would be interested in rolling up some characters using the optional rules and running through some naval battles to make sure I've got all the bugs worked out of the mechanics.
    Oh, this I can manage.

charles.a.green@gmail.com
    5/420

Downloads
    Uploads

Trifletraxor:

Thanks, that would help. Thanks to all who have expressed support for Arrrgh Pirates!

Ahoy then. I can definitely take a look at making some characters, if you still need help. gweeze-at–yongi-dot-org is the address, cap'n.
    75/420
    ---
    Geek blogging at http://strangestones.com

Downloads
    Uploads

Ok... I wasn't gonna say anything... cause most likely I'm the only one of this opinion... but I kind of hate the name you've chosen... 'Arrrgh Pirates!'
    I like pirates games as much as anyone but that name just sounds silly to me... if I saw it on a book at the store I'd expect that it was a lite comedy pirate game for kids.
    From your description it sounds a lot more interesting than that... and it sounds like it's got a bit of inspiration from On Stranger Tides and the PotC movies... but really, even if I owned it and was gonna play it I'd be tempted to cover over the name cause it's just kind of lame.

Other than that I'm excited about it. Really.