Number of Attacks and Demon Construction in 5th Ed Stormbringer

nate

I may be overly tired, or simply stupid, but I can't figure out if demons get more than one attack if they pay the magic point cost for multiple attacks. Is it based on Dexterity, with attacks happening at every five dex ranks?

I may be overly tired, or simply stupid, but I can't figure out if demons get more than one attack if they pay the magic point cost for multiple attacks. Is it based on Dexterity, with attacks happening at every five dex ranks?

Demons don't pay magic points for attacks, only the summoner pays magic points when summoning the demon as a "once off" payment so the demon can have a certain ability.

Spot Rules for Demons (pages 160 to 161. Page 87 in Elric!) have the rules for demon attacks in a round. Greater demons can use more than one ability, or use an ability more than once in a round per 5 DEX ranks.

Edited by Conrad
http://www.basicrps.com/core/BRP_quick_start.pdf A sense of humour and an imagination go a long way in roleplaying. ;)

So only greater demons may attack more than once in a round, with attacks at every 5 dex ranks, and lesser demons can only attack once per round?

Lesser demons first. Page 160 in Stormbringer 5th edition, second paragraph, under the heading "Abilities and Attacks in a Round" clearly states:

"Bound in its own form, a lesser demon can use ONE ability or skill per round." On page 164 under the heading "Lesser Demons" it states that "A lesser demon cannot arrive on the plane with a skill or ability higher than 100% ; nor may it use more than one skill or ability per combat round."

Edited by Conrad
http://www.basicrps.com/core/BRP_quick_start.pdf A sense of humour and an imagination go a long way in roleplaying. ;)

So only greater demons may attack more than once in a round, with attacks at every 5 dex ranks...

Elric! (page 87) has a slightly different rules quote than Stormbringer 5th edition on greater demons:

"A greater demon can split skills of 110 percent and more, as adventurers do; separate the attacks by five DEX ranks, as per humans."

Stormbringer states, on page 164 under the "Greater Demons" heading, "If the player wishes, the demon could split attacks of 110 percent or more into units of not less than 50 percent, as per the combat rules."

I hope that has clarified things for you.:)

Edited by Conrad

Thanks, Conrad, I appreciate the help. So the only reason to give my demons more than one type of attack is for variation of attack? I guess that would be so. Anyway, hope that I don't sound too stupid. Thanks, again.

Thanks, Conrad, I appreciate the help. So the only reason to give my demons more than one type of attack is for variation of attack? I guess that would be so. Anyway, hope that I don't sound too stupid. Thanks, again.

Nate, the only reason to give your demons more than one attack, per round, is to make your players sh*t their pants!

Edited by Conrad