Return to the dawn of role playing with Classic Fantasy. Explore dungeons in your quest for treasure, fight terrifying monsters, and cast powerful spells of destruction. Classic Fantasy expands on the core Basic Roleplaying rule book with…
• 7 playable races: Human, Dwarf, Elf, Gnome, Halfling, Half-Elf, and Half-Orc, all with detailed racial abilities.
• 10 character class professions; Barbarian, Bard, Cleric, Druid, Fighter, Illusionist, Magic-user, Paladin, Ranger, and Thief, each with their own unique special abilities.
• Optional rules for multi-class professions. Be a Half-Elf Fighter/Magic-User/Thief.
• Let your actions dictate your Alignment, not your alignment dictate your actions using the BRP Allegiance system
• 150 all new Magic spells divided into spell categories; Cleric, Magic-User, Druid, and Illusionist, featuring such classics as Magic-Missile, Cone of Cold, and Color Spray, just to name a few
• Spot Rules for common dungeon situations such as listening at and bashing down doors, tunneling, securing a room, setting camp, and repairing damaged weapons and armor.
Classic Fantasy is a return to the dawn of roleplaying, when you would gather with your friends in your parent’s basement, bashing down doors, slaying hordes of orcs and goblins, and throwing yet another +1 sword in your bag of holding. In these early days of roleplaying, what eight giants are doing in a 10’x10’ room was less important than what their treasure rating was, and rescuing the beautiful princess isn’t something you did because it was morally right, but because of the 1000 gold piece reward. And finally, the adventures that didn’t have to be anymore detailed then “some giants are raiding the border settlements let’s kill em”, are the adventures you and your group still talk about to this day.
So, rip open the Cheetos and pass out the Mountain Dew. It’s time to play some Classic Fantasy!
By Rodney Leary. 196 pages. Published by Chaosium October 2009.