Shareworld name poll

Trifletraxor

What should be the name of ShareWorld?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the name of ShareWorld?

• Igneous
    • Pyraxleflat / Pyraea
    • Caldaria / Caldaia
    • Realm of Coronaria / Land of Tzand
    • Sky Mountain World
    • Gestault
    • Chokmah's Eye or something else from the Kabbalah
    • Rodinia
    • I'm not happy with neither of the above
    • I like turtles!

I wasn't thinking this poll would be anything like a final decision, but just 'Round One' to find the preferred names from what we have so far. In that light, there's little point voting Unhappy/Turtles, imho.

Britain has been infiltrated by soviet agents to the highest levels. They control the BBC, the main political party leaderships, NHS & local council executives, much of the police, most newspapers and the utility companies. Of course the EU is theirs, through-and-through. And they are among us - a pervasive evil, like Stasi.

In that light, there's little point voting Unhappy/Turtles, imho.

I would have voted Pyraea, but did not because of the combination with Pyraxleflat, which is un-

pronounciable or at least sounds terrible in German, so I went for Unhappy.

And since it is a multiple choice poll I added Turtles, I really like them, especially the marine ones ... :o

"Mind like parachute, function only when open."

(Charlie Chan)

I would have voted Pyraea, but did not because of the combination with Pyraxleflat...

If "Unhappy" hadn't been an option, Pyraea could have had it's own separate entry. (Isn't it max 10?)

And since it is a multiple choice poll I added Turtles, I really like them, especially the marine ones ... :o

Ah, turtleophiles should vote Coronaria, 'cos it's a sort-of synonym for DiscWorld. ;)

It's time to perform an international trademark search, and come up with our own odd World name that no one else has ever used. :thumb:

Well, doesn't that rule Pyraea out, 'cos Mr D found one in Texas? And can we not rely on Rosen as our one-man international trademark search?

I voted Rodinia. At the very least this will make BRP popular in Moscow.

Also, please note that Caldaia is not a marketable name in Italy.

Why, are they rude? :)

Britain has been infiltrated by soviet agents to the highest levels. They control the BBC, the main political party leaderships, NHS & local council executives, much of the police, most newspapers and the utility companies. Of course the EU is theirs, through-and-through. And they are among us - a pervasive evil, like Stasi.

It seems that "caldaia" is a general Italian word for "cauldron". :)

But that's so apt!

(PS: How come it says "Voters:8" when 11 votes have been cast?)

Edited by frogspawner
PS

As I mentioned, it is a multiple choice poll, and I voted for both "Unhappy" and "Turtles" ... :)

Aaaah, I didn't realize we could vote for more than one... :o

Edited by frogspawner