Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [drools] Weapon Reach

Downloads
    Uploads

I'd argue longer reach (i.e., greater SIZ) would affect who strikes first. That said, if you're not using SIZ your rules don't need account for it

Flashing Blades has a good system for determining who strikes first:
    - Missile weapons
    - Pole arms
    - Dueling weapons
    - Other melee weapons
    - Brawling

Within each class you would then check (I may have these mixed up):
    - Dexterity
    - Height (Short/Medium/Tall were the options)
    - Weapon Skill

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Trifletraxor View Post
    I'm actually not using SIZ as a characteristic anymore, it's been merged with STR. But on the subject, I actually don't think size matters that much for reach in a weapon fight. A guy with a sword would still have longer reach than the fist-fighting troll, even though the trolls arm was longer than the guy's arm and sword combined. The reason for this is that the guy with the sword can potentially hit the troll in the arm at a distance where the troll can't reach the guy. (It's pretty important in a fight using natural weapons only, but I have omitted that as I try to keep it rules light.)
    One could just as easily say that the troll, assuming the Trolls arm+fist is the same reach as the human's arm+sword, could hit the flat of the blade at the same distance. Basically, if the total reach is the same, then there is no advantage either way, and DEX becomes the deciding factor.

Ian