Challenge Magazine Returns! CHALLENGE: OPEN CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS

Do you play or referee any Games Designer Workshop RPGs or their descendants?

Ever write good sci-fi short stories?

Or create great visual sci-fi art?

The legendary CHALLENGE MAGAZINE is returning for a special one-off issue (which will make it C78 ), to celebrate the release of the CD-rom back catalog of Challenge magazines and to pay back all those loyal fans who collected, and still collect, THE magazine of science fiction gaming.

If successful, it will go back into regular publication.

We're looking for submissions for the following games:

Traveller

2300AD

Space 1889

Dark Conspiracy

Twilight:2000

We want to cover all the licensed eras and versions; other games, systems & settings may be covered in possible future issues. This WILL also include sci-fi roleplaying using the BRP & Call of Cthulhu systems.

Scenarios should be around the 4,000 - 8,000 word limit and include game stats. Articles should be around 700-1400 word limit. Art should conform to 1/4, 1/2, and full page (US Letter size - 8.5"x11"@300DPI), in TIF, AI, PSD, or PNG format.

ALL SUBMISSIONS MUST be approved in principle before work commences. Any links to current work on the web is a bonus. If you haven't seen Challenge but you like the games and want to submit you can find back issues at Drive-Thru RPG.

This issue will retail for a small amount to say thanks to the legion of fans who have supported Challenge magazine in the past. As such there is likely to be little reward other than a sense of pride, making a few contacts, and a justifiable sense of achievement in having YOUR work in this the special commemorative issue of Challenge Magazine.

Not to mention the enormous gratitude of everyone here involved in the project.

We're asking you to step up and submit something voluntarily. At this stage there is NO remuneration.

This situation MAY change if the magazine is a success but we at Planetary Assault Group don't make false promises so we're asking you to dig deep and do it for the love of the games like we are.

With the blessing of Marc Miller and with some august names on board we're confident it will be a success....

Want in?

contact us at: planetaryassaultgroup@gmail.com with your submission idea, comments, or if you wish to advertise.

Please refer to your submission in the subject line of the e-mail by stating succinctly the game setting (such as Traveller or 2300AD), the style of submission (such as scenario, fiction, or article), and your name.

For example, a 2300AD scenario submission would look like this: 2300AD/scenario/Mr.John Doe.

Thanks for reading and we hope to hear from you!

Steff.J. Worthington

Editor.

Planetary Assault Group

• 2 weeks later...

I will contribute my 2300AD conversion rules, now that Marc Miller gave his 'go'.

It will include character creation, the complete list of professions available, converted weapons and armour listed in the main rules book, conversion rules for equipment and a skill conversion chart. All in all it's about 17 pages now, still counting as some parts are still missing.

I will contribute my 2300AD conversion rules, now that Marc Miller gave his 'go'.

It will include character creation, the complete list of professions available, converted weapons and armour listed in the main rules book, conversion rules for equipment and a skill conversion chart. All in all it's about 17 pages now, still counting as some parts are still missing.

Hi there. I've sent you an e-mail regarding this. I'd love to see 2300AD as a BRP product. I understand that Marc has given his tacit approval of the idea (which is seriously cool!) but there are Chaosium's rights to consider and at 17 pages (with images possibly leading to 20+ pages) the magazine would be unable to field the article. It would constitute nearly half the magazine. It may be worth talking to Marc again and see if there is another way that this can come to a worthy fruition.

Steff.