Grimoire Monograph...FINISHED!

Tywyll

Well, after many life upheavals and set backs, the Grimoire is finally finished. I sent it to Chaosium today.

I was told there are several Monos that need to have lay out finished first, but since mine is already laid out with the art and stuff done, hopefully that will speed it along faster. Don't know though.

Anyway, fingers crossed it will be available to everyone soon!!!

Hey Narl,

Yes, I included all the magic systems for BRP (Magic, Sorcery) as well as the magic systems included in Basic Magic (i.e. the old Spirit Magic, RQ Sorcery, and Divine Magic).

There are new spells and new optional mechanics for (most) of the systems. Also I have sample magic items (and how to create them under the various magic systems).

Hopefully there is something in it for just about any group that uses magic in their BRP game. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, I included all the magic systems for BRP (Magic, Sorcery) as well as the magic systems included in Basic Magic (i.e. the old Spirit Magic, RQ Sorcery, and Divine Magic).

There are new spells and new optional mechanics for (most) of the systems. Also I have sample magic items (and how to create them under the various magic systems).

Does this mean the spirit, sorcery, and divine materials depend on having RQIII, Basic Magic, or zomben's forthcoming Magic book--or are you reprinting those magic systems in their entirety?

As it stands now, it requires having those books. It doesn't duplicate the content of them. But at this point I don't think Chaosium has commented on the final draft, so I suppose this is subject to change.

"Tell me what you found, not what you lost" Mesopotamian proverb

Pretty much what Thalaba said. A large portion of the book is usable simply with the Big Gold Book. If you use Basic Magic, or the new book, you'll get more out of it as there are new spells and options for those systems as well.

The enchantment stuff also is usable with the BGB. I created a Ritual magic system that is a basic version of the rules from Basic Magic but with a vastly expanded selection of ritual magic.

And of course there are the enchanted items that work straight with the BGB.

Hope that helps.

• 3 months later...

I've heard from Tywyll on this issue and he said the last communication he had from Dustin indicated that the Grimoire was 'likely to be published before the end of the year' - but that was a month or more ago and there hasn't been any fresh news since. Still, if all goes well, it could be released pretty soon, which would be nice!

"Tell me what you found, not what you lost" Mesopotamian proverb