LIFE & DEATH - A Saga of the Shattered Lands

Trifletraxor

life-and-death.jpgThis scenario/sourcebook features two open and non-linear adventures and information about the city-state of Miraz and the setting of the Shattered Lands. It is an epic self-contained mini-campaign that is designed to be picked up and played, or be a mine of ideas for a Gamesmaster looking to adapt it to his/her own campaign.

Miraz the Golden sees itself as inheritor of the old Lion Empire. It is an oppressive military police state which seeks to dominate its neighbours. Some say the wrath of the gods has been brought down because of its hubris and it is currently stricken by a plague. Its Tyrant looks on from his remote palace, as the victims of the plague shuffle round the streets as newly-risen zombies. While his heirs fight amongst themselves to see who will succeed their father, once he is toppled by the rebellion that is fermenting in the streets.Into this madness step the beginning adventurers, out to make a fortune and a name for themselves.

A Travellers Guide to the Shattered Lands: A brief overview of the setting with Cults and example character concepts. Enough for a GM to use the setting without clipping the wings of inspiration.

Dead Pot Country: Enter the ancient ruins of the River Valley Civilization in search of a missing Merchant.

Life and Death: Journey to the tyrannical city of Miraz and stop the plague of Undeath that afflicts it.

Six Pregenerated characters: So you can pick up and play.

“One day this city will have to choose between Life and Death”

The Prophet, before being taken to his execution one hundred years ago in the city state of Miraz.

By Newt Newport. 100 pages. Published by D101 Games November 2010.

Edited by Trifletraxor

Ef plest master, this mighty fine grub!
b1.gif 116/420. High Priest.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Just to confirm once the expanded version of Life and Death that I'm creating as part of the OQ2 campaign goes out to pre-orderers, it will be available in print again almost immediately via Drivethrurpg.com as both print and pdf.

If you want a copy now of the 1st edition, I have just discovered a small pile of them in my attic. I'm happy to sell you one at a heavily discounted price (£5) +P&P. Please pm me if interested.

Head Honcho of D101 Games
Publisher of Crypts and Things/Monkey/OpenQuest/River of Heaven
The Sorcerer Under the Mountain

If you want a copy now of the 1st edition, I have just discovered a small pile of them in my attic. I'm happy to sell you one at a heavily discounted price (£5) +P&P. Please pm me if interested.

Thanks for the offer, but I have just found a copy today, and I am also the proud owner of The Savage North too! :) And I bought Empires Rising too! ;D

Edited by Stoatbringer

"Foolish is the king who does not have a personal wizard, and lamentable is the ruler who trusts the wrong mage"

Nice! Those are great books, where'd you score them?

My FLGS. ;D "Score them" makes it sound like a drug deal... The scene : a seedy backstreet alleyway in a rundown part of town. "Got any D101 mate?" " I got plenty mate, what do you want?" "Can you do me some Life & Death and an ounce of The Savage North?" "Yeah mate, its good stuff...."

Edited by Stoatbringer

"Foolish is the king who does not have a personal wizard, and lamentable is the ruler who trusts the wrong mage"