Renaissance - D100 Black Powder Srd

doomedpc

The Renaissance RPG system, a D100 rules set for the age of black powder weapons, is now available for FREE from RPGNow! It's a role-playing game! It's free! What are you waiting for? :-)

http://www.rpgnow.com/product_info.php?products_id=97426&affiliate_id=169435

"Renaissance is a free D100 roleplaying system designed for historical and fantasy gaming in the age of black powder weapons. It features familiar mechanics, grim and gritty combat, extensive period weapons and equipment lists, dozens of professions, and rules for factions and belief systems. It also includes two magick systems - the powerful battle alchemy first introduced in Clockwork & Chivalry 1st Edition, and a streamlined and expanded version of the witchcraft rules from the Silver Oggie Award-winning supplement Divers & Sundry. Based on Newt Newport's OpenQuest and released under an Open Gaming License, which allows companies and individuals to incorporate the rules into their own games, is also showcases the rules system of Clockwork & Chivalry 2nd Edition, the epic historical fantasy RPG from Cakebread & Walton, authors of Abney Park's Airship Pirates."

Peter Cakebread

>:>Cakebread&WaltonO:)

Purveyors of Fine Imaginings

Wow! I'm impressed. I've posted my (very brief) impressions on my Celestial Empire blog: http://celestialempire.blogspot.com/2011/12/renaissance.html

Agreed...I've been absorbing the Renaissance SRD and there's a lot of cool stuff in there. Hopefully it will be a living document that grows and changes over time to cover additional genre conventions or additional time periods.

Thanks for the comments folks.

The Renaissance rules are getting a nice "shout out" in the latest Drivethru newsletter :)

http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/newsletter_current.php#top

So hopefully lots of folks are downloading the rules and we will see the SRD grow and get support - we certainly have plenty of plans :)

Long Live the Mainspring!

Peter Cakebread

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Has anyone moved the timeframe up on these a bit to the Napoleonic Wars? Thinking Sharpe to be exact.

Renaissance Deluxe does provide more detail on how to run games in different settings, and has an expanded equipment list (including some later guns, etc.). I imagine as we develop different settings ourselves we will keep adding to the SRD.

Peter Cakebread