The Company now available!!

Newt

GO! GO! GO! GO! GO!

The Company by Rik Kershaw-Moore is now available!

Ever wondered what it is like to jump out of an aircraft 50,000 feet above a stricken oil tanker? Or how you’d handle defusing an IED? Or what it is like standing between a visiting VIP and that sniper’s bullet? Well now you can because The Company will put you right at the centre of the action.

In The Company you play an employee of The Company – an elite independent Private Military Service Provider, a global security concern capable of dealing with any situation from a high octane firefight to the tracking down of serial killers. If you can think of it, The Company can handle it.

The Company uses D101 games’ OpenQuest rules engine; a sleek and streamlined D100 rule set that enables you to maintain the tempo of your stories whilst keeping the rules simple and in the background. Here is the complete first fifteen pages of the book, the contents pages + introductory chapter.

Buy

The Company $15 pdf / $40 Hardcover / $30 Softcover

Contents

The Field Operatives Manual contains:

The OpenQuest rules engine – tailored to a modern day setting, and including combat rules covering all aspects of modern warfare.

Simple Character generation – enabling you to go from concept to fully finished character as quickly as possible.

Equipment – a comprehensive list of vehicles and equipment, providing your character with everything you will need to prosecute a successful mission; be that the latest in covert surveillance or the most accurate of rifles.

The world – in which The Company operates within, the global flashpoint locations that Company Operatives may visit, competitors to The Company, Company customers and organizations that Company customers may come into conflict with.

Story seeds – covering a wide range of possible genre, from the classic war-story,adventures with corporate espionage, helping with disaster relief and close protection work.

Two example scenarios – ‘Operation Bluebeard’ and ‘F.I.S.H & C.H.I.P.S’ which will introduce you not only to The Company but to the workings of the OpenQuest rules engine.

Broadly compatible with other D100 systems. Written by Rik Kershaw Moore.

More info

D101 Games » The Company

Head Honcho of D101 Games
Publisher of Crypts and Things/Monkey/OpenQuest/River of Heaven
The Sorcerer Under the Mountain

Just picked up the PDF. First impression is favorable. Great for those grognards who would rather have Ruger a SP101 than a 'heavy pistol, revolver'. Wished it had a bookmarkable Table of Contents. Realists will probably want to tweak the automatic fire rules.

When creating characters you will probably want to make two: when the lead starts flying I would expect heavy casualties.

Got my book and I really like it. My group and I are already getting a game up and running. Everybody loves it and are really excited.

We have run into one minor snag- you have the big list of guns but of course we have one guy who wants a gun not on the list! You have such a good list we would normally be able to find the nearest thing and go on but of course what he wants (AS Val assault rifle or a Vintorez - he's been playing STALKER) has such odd characteristics (integral suppressor, shortened range, high armor piercing) that nothing matches it.

Edited by bigandy
bad grammar

There are three kinds of people in the world; those that can do math and those that can't.

• 2 weeks later...

Hiya,

Well its interesting isnt it... th big list of guns will always miss out at least someone's fav weapon. I am aware of the AS Val but not the Vintorez. However see what you think of the following:

Name: AS Val

Calibre:9 x 39mm

Damage: 1D8+10

Range: 300

PV: 8

Load: 1

SPR: 2

RNDs: 30

STR/DEX: 9/13

ENC: 2

Name: VSS Vintorez Sniper rifle

Calibre: 9 x 39mm

Damage: 1D8+10

Range: 400

PV: 8

Load: 2

SPR: 2

RNDs: 20

STR/DEX: 9/13

ENC: 2

Rik KM

• 1 month later...

Hiya,

the big list of guns will always miss out at least someone's fav weapon.

Rik KM

that is the standard!

Anyway, thanks for the stat up. That is pretty close to what we were guessing. We have played with those stats and they have worked out great.

This is a fun game. Reminds us of what all of TSR Top Secret games turned into when we were kids but the system is actually set up for it and really works! My group and I are playing the heck out of this!

There are three kinds of people in the world; those that can do math and those that can't.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm really looking forward to playing this at Continuum 2012 (GMd by the author himself). Hopefully I can buy a copy when there. I have my sights set on getting my friend to play (professor of international politics, a world expert on international conflicts and an avid wargamer). For ages he's been talking about trying roleplaying again, and I think this will be the game to finally catch him.

132/420