The Chronicles of Future Earth (Facebook page etc)

Shaira

Hi everyone,

I've set up a new Facebook page for The Chronicles of Future Earth at (surprise!) The Chronicles of Future Earth | Facebook. Please stop by and check it out. It contains info on the existing Chronicles supplements, plus info on the upcoming Chronicles novel, "The Worm Within", and I've just posted the original sketch map for the Great City of Korudav. I'll be posting updates, snippets, teasers, sketches, maps, etc, on a regular basis - please let me know if there's anything specific you'd like to see!

Cheers,

Sarah :)

"The Worm Within" - the first novel for The Chronicles of Future Earth, coming 2013 from Chaosium, Inc.

Website: http://sarahnewtonwriter.com | Twitter: @SarahJNewton | Facebook: TheChroniclesOfFutureEarth

Hey Sarah, nice page :) hope CoFE will become a nice fat setting :)

Any chance you can write something up about the Lion People from Aiforia? You mention them in the main rule book, but beyond them being shape shifters, there is not much info. How does shape-shifting work? Can they control it? Is it obvious, even in human form? It would help me to get the character running as my players ask a lot and I want to give them a better description ...

Ah, and the Helemor ... I guess I could go on here for ever asking questions. Maybe you will be very kind and give us a small run-down of some of the major races of CoFE some time O:)

I mean, I am patient. I do not need this descriptions too soon. Next week would do :P

Just kidding. ;) Thanks for doing all the CoFE stuff for us, it's a much appreciated setting my group currently enjoys. ;t)

Hi guys,

I've just put the new website for the Chronicles of Future Earth live today, at The Chronicles of Future Earth - please stop by and check it out!

Pansophy - no sooner said than done! I've put a very wee snippet about the Black Lion people up on the new site, and will be posting about the Helemor in the next week or so.

The site will be a repository of downloads, setting info, product lists, etc, for the Chronicles setting, plus a place to put snippets and background info you've requested. So, if there's anything you'd like to see up there in the coming weeks and months, please holler - either here or over on the site.

Also, rather than set up a separate forum, I've redirected back here. I hope that's cool with you Sverre and everyone - I figured it would be good to drive traffic to these excellent BRP forums! :)

Cheers - and anything you'd like to see, just ask!

Sarah :D

"The Worm Within" - the first novel for The Chronicles of Future Earth, coming 2013 from Chaosium, Inc.

Website: http://sarahnewtonwriter.com | Twitter: @SarahJNewton | Facebook: TheChroniclesOfFutureEarth

Sarah! Thanks, this is very helpful information for the campaign, especially as it gives some more info about the Temples of Babisiya and Entos :)

Thanks a lot for this, what more can I say.

As you ask for further questions, I have some unanswered from my players which I would like to share:

- Trade routes. Are there trade routes (land) between the major cities, or is most of the trading done by boat?

- what are the the bigger cities known for? Are there rumours about them, do they possess certain specialities? What do they trade?

- Names of the surrounding cities. On the map there are some city names missing. What are their names? (two in the north-west, one in the far North, in the Amadorad Protectorate)

- the ruins of ancient cities - what are they called? Do people know what happened to these cities? Any legends?

- Heros. Are there tales and songs about former heros of the Autocracy?

- Well known persons in the Autocracy, are there any (except of the avatar)?

- What is the weather like? Is it still like todays Spain? (mostly warm, hot in summer)

- Where do all the other races mentioned in the book live/origin? Can some of them be categorised into "good" & "evil"?

;) This is just to keep you interested, in case you are running out of ideas ... O:)

Oh, BTW: I can see you have a colour map of the Autocracy - any chance you can make that available? It would help to identify the kanton borders much easier ... :)

Thanks again for putting up the website and supporting the Chronicles! So far we have a lot of fun with it, as it differs a lot from the Fantasy campaigns we had played before.

CoFE really is the first Fantasy setting in many years that interested us enough to start a campaign. Usually we play modern and SciFi settings, so I call this a winner! ;t)

Edited by pansophy

I'm glad to see the other fans of this setting sounding off -

If my conversations with Sarah are any indication, she's got plenty of content to put out there for the Venerable Autocracy of Sakara and the rest of the Springtide Civilizations.

Hi Gerall!

Yup - there's certainly tons of information about the Springtide Civilizations ready to see the light of day. All being well we should be making an announcement about some cool new Chronicles material coming your way very soon! :D

Cheers,

Sarah

As you ask for further questions, I have some unanswered from my players which I would like to share:

(SNIIII...IIIP) :)

;) This is just to keep you interested, in case you are running out of ideas ... O:)

Hi Pansophy!

That is awesome - what a brilliant list of questions and subjects to cover! I shall use that as the foundation for posts to come over at the Chronicles of Future Earth site! Anyone else with anything they'd like covering - please fire away! :D

To start with, I've posted a couple of new pieces on the site today - there's the original sketch map of the Citadel of Korudav, the old city of the "Leaden Walls" fame; and there's a description from the Chronicles of Unthar about the mythical dreaded Helemor - the Whips of Chaos!

Cheers!

Sarah

I have to ask for one more thing:

a rough time-line, "when did what happen", maybe just a chronological list with the key words like "Time of Snows", "Empire of Splendid Tlan", etc. So if you refer to a roughly time-frame, it is easy to look it up when it happened in the past. No dates are needed, but a chronological list of major times, empires, reigns, would be extremely helpful to make CoFE more accessible. Players keep asking "when was that?", "how old is it?", "was it before <event>" and such. A GM could easily fill in the gaps with this reference list :)

Hi everyone,

Just one update at the Chronicles of Future Earth website this week - but it's a biggie. :D

Here's Jennisa Vlathu, ranking pilogiarch at the Chronomancers' Tower, one of the main temples of Unthar in Korudav province (about two days' north-northeast by horse, orn, or chelother, in the direction of Sapedra), talking about "the Ages of Urth". Enjoy! :)

Of the Ages of Urth, lecture by Pilogiarch Jennisa Vlathu.

Cheers!

Sarah

Hi everyone!

There's a new update over at the Chronicles of Future Earth website - this week, a report from the Chroniclers of Unthar concerning the cities and environs of the Timosia River, including details of Sapedra, Andalas, and dark and dreadful Typhon, city of the Black Ships; plus a high-res map of the Low City, or waterfront district, of Korudav.

Cheers!

Sarah :)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

necro'd

Is there any news on where Chronicles of Future Earth is headed?

There's something on the Facebook page about a new edition that will be using the Legend or RuneQuest VI rules... I'd prefer something a bit lighter, like D101Games' OpenQuest or even DwD Studios' D00lite, to be honest, but a completely new, extended core book sounds good.

Edited by Vorax Transtellaris
RPGbericht (Dutch)

RPG.net had an interview up with the author. The interview was on Mindjammer but in it Sarah states that there is a new version/edition of Chronicles coming out but does not state what system will be used.

141/420

• 3 weeks later...