Designing Company Deployments & Missions

tsiolkovsky

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Good stuff - I've been eagerly looking forward to seeing more articles or commentary on The Company.

Well just to say that I've now finished the rough first draft of the first Company supliment... Currently under the red pen as I speak.

The contents of the suppliment will include:

Cyber-warfare

More equipment - including quite a bit of underwater equipment

Some really cool gadgets such as sniper detection systems.

A few bits of new armour - including the rather controvertial Dragon Scale armour (the jury is still out on that one).

An assessment of the Arab Spring

A couple of new hotspots - Mali being one of them

Land mines and other area denial weapons

A detailed assessment of a competitor to the Company - including character templates.

Mission seeds and some new clients

Also a full length deployment

Hopefully that should keep people happy.

Rik KM

• 1 year later...

Its fully written. Unfortunately the author has decided to take a break from RPG writing at the present moment and I'm uncertain of when he will return :( Seeing as I need his participation to complete the book, its on hold for the time being.

Over the Christmas holidays I'll be working out how to progress with The Company - whether to commission any new supplements and adventures without Rik being around to be Line Editor or just simply leave it as a rather magnificent standalone game.

Edited by Newt

Head Honcho of D101 Games
Publisher of Crypts and Things/Monkey/OpenQuest/River of Heaven
The Sorcerer Under the Mountain

I think Newt could have bigged this up with something like:

The author of the supplement is currently on a secret mission in the Mid-East and unavailable to finish the module. When his research is complete he'll be able to offer completely new and exciting situations and mission information such as; Infiltration of Iran's nuclear programme, Access to the secrets of Mossad's war against Hezbollah, How to track down and assassinate Islamic terror suspects in Pakistan, A how-to on stealing Chinese technological secrets from Shenzen industrial zone.

Sounds much better than 'the author's taking a break' doesn't it.

Nigel