Renaissance/Clockwork & Chivalry weapon question

bigandy

I have a question regarding the main gauche. In the equipment section of both the Clockwork and Chivalry and Renaissance SRD, the main gauche is described as being for "superior parrying". However, when compared to a normal dagger it costs six times as much, does less damage on average, cannot be thrown, requires a DEX of 11 (a dagger has no DEX requirement) but parries exactly the same and offers no other benefit. Is this correct?

Under Two Weapon Use it says "Some main gauche weapons allow special Actions to be performed with a Parry – see individual weapon descriptions for details." The sword breaker and trident dagger both have special actions listed but nothing for the main gauche.

Under Dual Weapons skill it says "Some Main Gauche weapons also allow bonuses to certain close combat actions such as Disarming Attack – see weapon descriptions for details" but no weapon has anything listed.

I checked the errata but saw nothing in it.

I am all for picking a weapon (or armor or whatever) for feel rather than mechanical benefit but this seems more like I am missing something.

There are three kinds of people in the world; those that can do math and those that can't.

Hi,

Mr Walton, he say:

"Used in the off-hand, a main gauche adds +20% to an off-hand parry, negating the normal -20% to off-hand parrying skill, or adding +20% to parrying if the character has the correct Dual Weapons skill. This bonus does not add to attacks with a main gauche."

It is errata that we missed - so thank you for the catch :)

Peter Cakebread

>:>Cakebread&WaltonO:)

Purveyors of Fine Imaginings