Glorantha Ducks discussion

seneschal

• 2 weeks later...

Duck Persons | Magister Militum E-Commerce Shop

Duck warrior figs in 15mm, which makes 'em about the right size compared to 25mm human figs.

If you were planning a Glorantha/Call of Cthulhu crossover, here are some 1920s ducks in glorious black and white!

http://buckaduck.com/shoppe/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=7&products_id=534

Edited by seneschal

• 1 year later...

LL attempts to emulate the 1981 version of "the world's most popular fantasy role-playing game." If you can fit characters from that version into AD&D fairly easily it could work. With a sticker price of $2.50, you won't be put too far in the hole if it isn't what you expect. And it's definitely more concise than the Mongoose Ducks supplement. ;)

Unrelated to Labyrinth Lord, here's a duck-related article but I'm not sure what language it is in or what year it came out:

It has a 2001 copyright on the bottom of the first page and is in Swedish (unable to get a clean translation).

Edited by nerdvana
Added quote and the language info

It is in Swedish (unable to get a clean translation).

I've reached out to the authors and artist (or people with their names: Magnus Seter, Peter Bergting and Dan Algstrand... the middle one is the artist) on Google+ or, in the case of Peter, an artist's website.

Thanks! Drakar och Demoner was BRP-derived, at least the early versions, wasn't it? Because of the article's old-timey looking printing, I thought it was from the '80s.

Yeah, I get that. Its just the style they chose obviously. Its copyright date is September 20th, 2001. This has made me wonder if it was written in a different world (pre-9-11) then it was published in... hope that makes sense.

I've reached out to the authors and artist (or people with their names: Magnus Seter, Peter Bergting and Dan Algstrand... the middle one is the artist) on Google+ or, in the case of Peter, an artist's website.

I've heard back from Peter (he didn't help develop it, thinks there might be an English translation but isn't sure where it would be) and from Dan who is pretty sure there is no English translation. I've given them both links to the conversation so they may join in.

Dan was curious about the interest in a nearly 13yo suppliment of an out of print game. I told him I was curious about the content, that I'd like to know if there was anything unique to the work. I told him maybe others felt that way also but that I couldn't be sure.

I'm considering doing the work of translating it myself (like I did with the title) but it would be a word-for-word translation using Google Translate or this Swedish-English dictionary.

I tried translating Waverly -- a short French RPG -- into English using Babelfish, one paragraph at a time. The results were humorous to say the least. Fortunately I was in contact with the author at the time and he helped me sort out the terms that didn't come across well.

Problem is that I cannot select the text in this PDF. I'd have to retype it word for word into the translator. I'm really not so thrilled with that idea. lol

Yikes! I guess I'll have to either remain ignorant or take a Swedish language class. ;D

Is Drakar och Demoner out of print? Or just this supplement?

• 2 weeks later...

And Daffy Duck doing the Mickey Mouse wizard shtick. Is he an intense role-player or what?

Someone's been watching anime lately (or rather they were in 2011 when the clip was released). I'm curious about when this clip was released originally and what it accompanied. I originally thought it might have been the Hobbit but it's a year earlier....

• 3 weeks later...

Back to the original discussion...

Magnus Seter has replied in Google+. He has confirmed he was the author of the Ankori file and told me that there is no translation but... he offered to whip one together. I've told him that would be really cool. Will update if I hear more.

Edited by nerdvana

• 1 month later...