Game of Thrones in MW

Kaleb7

So originally I was thinking of switching our current GoT game from the Green Roning ruleset to a BRP/Runequest variant, and the more

I have read Magic World the more I believe it will solve a number of our problems. (Plus I get to move MW up in the game rotation by default ;) )

So a few questions on how to handle this:

1) Status... How would you reflect different social classes?

2) Warfare. Are there any reasonable (can be abstract) warfare rules given my PCs tend to manage to get on the wrong side of many of th e powers that be...

3) I will probably want to establish some Westeros specific careers such as 'Maestor' or 'Septon'. Any pitfalls there?

4) Wargs. Any thoughts on 'skin changers'?

Thanks!

From strictly a BRP perspective:

1. You could create a skill for Status; roughly equivalent to 'Credit Rating' in COC. Perhaps better would be to create it as a new characteristic.

2. There are a number of miniature rule sets available out there. Though for the gritty, bloody combat depicted in the books I would think that could be gamed as series of small party combats.

3. Maesters would simply have some high percentage in knowledge based skills. Septons would probably get a skill Theology: The Church of the Seven. We haven't really seen any divine powers manifested in the novels yet, but that could change.

4. The Alternate Form from the BRP powers.

Interestingly Martin was once a gamer, his shared universe, 'Wildcards', started out as a Superworld campaign.

Strike out #4. That would be for conventional lycanthropes. No, I think a better answer would the "The Magician's Familiar" from p. 90 of the Big Yellow Book. With the change that while experiencing the world through the familiar's senses the 'skin-changer' is insensate. You'll probably need to adjust the duration and range (1 power point/5 minutes, range = character's POW in meters is the std. rule).