Call of Cthulhu 7th Edition Kickstarter is up

They already reached $35,000 out of their $40,000 target by half way through their first day on Kickstarter, I'ld say they'll definitely be bringing this out. Sweeet!

" Sure it's fun, but it is also well known that a D20 roll and an AC is no match against a hefty swing of a D100% and a D20 Hit Location Table!"

• 3 weeks later...

I'm grabbing the slipcase edition of the hard cover Investigators and Players Book, so this will be a nice addition to the my library. I'm not sure if I really dig it being released as two books though, it seems to break the continuity of the other editions having everything under one cover. I know other games love to bring out GM Books, Players Books, etc but I always felt that this was a cheap marketing ploy and I have tended to prefer rulebooks that have all that core content contained within. In any case it'll be nice to have another edition of Cthulhu rules, even if it certainly isn't necessary. I would love to have one of those leatherette editions or goat skin editions they are doing, but I gotta feed my kids as well as pay the bills, so the hardcovers will have to suffice me.

Now, perhaps a Kickstarter to have an expanded Masks of Nylarthotep, including the MoN Companion, now that would be the icing on the cake

" Sure it's fun, but it is also well known that a D20 roll and an AC is no match against a hefty swing of a D100% and a D20 Hit Location Table!"

Err you may not realise this but C0C already has a two book system. The basic rulebook and the Investigators Companion are effectively the earlier editions of what is on offer for the 7e kickstarter.

On you last point I see that a production edition of HoTOE is now on offer as part of the kickstarter.

Nigel

Well I must of misread that, I thought that the content from the current core books were somehow being split up - my mistake. Glad to see it is more or less the same as it has been :7