BRP compatible Post-Apocalypse Science Fantasy RPG

How many people would want a BRP compatible % based RPG set in a Gamma World/Mutant Epoch/Mutant Future type setting? Mutants,Cyborgs, Sorcery,Androids,Robots, Mutant plants and animals...Radiation...you know the setting. Im trying to get an idea of how much interest there is for something like this. It would be a core rulebook with several chapters. Rules, Characters/mutations/Cybernetics/Nano-tech/Spells, Setting info and World maps, Equipment, Weapons, Vehicles, NPCs, Organizations, Creatures, Random Adventure Generator and a few Adventure Scenarios

• Like 2

Count me in :) PA is my favorite and I play more PA games with BRP than other genres.

If there would be a book that uses the BRP rules as a baseline, adding a bit of specialities for the setting and is scalable between gritty and "over the top", with a nice setting in it, and heaps of monsters (that are described & created and not "build" with the Super Powers chapter) - you'll get my word I'll buy it. Both, the Hardcover and the PDF. :)

Add a fitting character sheet and decent layout with good pictures - I promise to buy it although it might be more expensive.

Currently I am using "The Mutant Epoch" as a guideline. Decent art, developing setting and easy to convert as it is a percentile (but not d100) game.

Also, have a look at the Chaosium Website. There was a counter about "What would people like to see" on it, and PA ranked at least second.

This little gem, Nameless Land: Il Gioco di Nameless Land, uses a system of its own but is really really nice. It is percentile based but uses classes and levels, allowing you to take levels from each class appropriate for your level in a unique blend of BRP and Pathfinder. Cool stuff. And it is not difficult to use the rules as add-ons for BOTH d100 and Pathfinder/D&D!

It is one of the works I would like to translate from Italian in 2014. Would that have an audience among BRP fans?

Proud member of the Evil CompetitionTM

PA hasn't been totally ignored. We have Rubble and Ruin and Swords of Cydonia. Technically, both Chronicles of Future Earth and Hawkmoon are post-apocalyptic.

Cydoria

I don't think I have had a good read through it yet. So many cool BRP monographs to read...

I use  fantasygrounds.com

Nameless Land...It is one of the works I would like to translate from Italian in 2014. Would that have an audience among BRP fans?
Yes!

" Sure it's fun, but it is also well known that a D20 roll and an AC is no match against a hefty swing of a D100% and a D20 Hit Location Table!"

Fractured Hopes is pretty much this exactly.

Fractured Hopes is cool. I've got notes somewhere on a short campaign where baristas are a combo of holy warriors, shaman and lawgivers in the ruins of New York City. Kind of like The Warriors meets Mad Max meets Glorantha, with some other stuff mixed in.

70/420

one of the scenarios I contributed to what became the BRP QuickStart is basically BRP Gamma world

Are you referring to "Dwelling of the Ancients"? I like it, have not played it, though. I must admit all of the Quickstart rules adventures are fun to play for an evening. And that's how I roll. I would love to see more of these "Evening One Shot" adventures, all compiled in one book. Different genres, provided PCs and let's go "straight into action". :)

Are you referring to "Dwelling of the Ancients"? I like it, have not played it, though. I must admit all of the Quickstart rules adventures are fun to play for an evening. And that's how I roll. I would love to see more of these "Evening One Shot" adventures, all compiled in one book. Different genres, provided PCs and let's go "straight into action". :)

Yup, that's the one. I really liked all those short scenarios, thought they were a neat idea.

Cheers,

Nick

Edited by NickMiddleton

• 9 months later...

Ken Hite's setting 'The Day After Raganok' is a great post apocalypse setting. The premise is that the Atomic Bomb in WW2 initiated Raganok. The actually game is set the 1950s or 1960s but the world is radically different, very Mad Max, Fallout, etc

I have two editions of it, one for Savage Worlds and one for FATE. It suits the FATE mechanics a tad better than Savage Worlds (primarily because I think FATE is a much better system than SW). However it strikes me that the pulpy flavour of FATE is not the best fit for this setting, I would have much preferred to see it come out for BRP. BRP does gritty, down and dirty settings so well, especially if using a Hit Location system to make combat feel more tactile.

It would be reasonably easy to port 'The Day After Raganok' setting into BRP, I'm surprised it hasnt already been posted actually. I recommend the setting very much for anyone wanting to do this kinda of game

" Sure it's fun, but it is also well known that a D20 roll and an AC is no match against a hefty swing of a D100% and a D20 Hit Location Table!"

This little gem, Nameless Land: Il Gioco di Nameless Land...It is one of the works I would like to translate from Italian in 2014. Would that have an audience among BRP fans?
Yep, I sure would. I would love to pick up another BRP product from you, all of the Alephetar Games purchases for BRP have been pretty good, and a setting like this is crying out for BRP treatment, although its own system does sound pretty neat as well, I think I'ld like to see it in English either way Edited by Mankcam

Unfortunately, Rubble and Ruin doesn't get a lot of love in the discussions and reviews I've been able to find:

http://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?522694-Atomic-Highway-Barbarians-of-the-Aftermath-or-BRP-Rubble-amp-Ruin

http://www.rpgnow.com/product_reviews.php?products_id=82090

http://catalog.chaosium.com/product_info.php?products_id=5088

Goblinoid Games' Mutant Future is about as close as you can get to the original Gamma World without finding the original on E-bay.

http://www.goblinoidgames.com/mutantfuture.html

It's old school renaissance rules, but it does have large listings of mutations and critters and ideas for player-character types. The core rules are a free download and could provide a template for adapting BRP mutations, psychic abilities and super powers to an over-the-top setting. If emulating Thundarr the Barbarian is what you're after, a fan has already done the legwork for you:

http://www.savageafterworld.com/2012/03/world-of-thundarr-barbarian-sourcebook.html

This little gem, Nameless Land: Il Gioco di Nameless Land, uses a system of its own but is really really nice. It is percentile based but uses classes and levels, allowing you to take levels from each class appropriate for your level in a unique blend of BRP and Pathfinder. Cool stuff. And it is not difficult to use the rules as add-ons for BOTH d100 and Pathfinder/D&D!

It is one of the works I would like to translate from Italian in 2014. Would that have an audience among BRP fans?

Yep, I sure would. I would love to pick up another BRP product from you, all of the Alephetar Games purchases for BRP have been pretty good, and a setting like this is crying out for BRP treatment, although its own system does sound pretty neat as well, I think I'ld like to see it in English either way

That seems interesting.

My roleplaying blog: Axes and Orcs. Scramblings of anime, D&D, and RQ-derived games.

Unfortunately, Rubble and Ruin doesn't get a lot of love in the discussions and reviews I've been able to find:

Rubble and Ruin is good and has a lot of interesting ideas, but it is not Gamma World. It is set a decade or two after the apocalypse; Gamma World is centuries later. Still you could definitely get some inspiration for a GW game from R&R -- maybe mix in some Swords of Cydoria or Chronicles of Future Earth too.