Any Mac users?

Nakana

I'm assuming the Alastor's Skull Inn section is appropriate for general non-game topics as well?

Having said that, any Mac users? If so, what are you currently using and how do you feel about the announcements at WWDC 2013?

BGB = BRP Gold. New book = BRP Platinum.  Stay metal. 

I'm assuming the Alastor's Skull Inn section is appropriate for general non-game topics as well?

Having said that, any Mac users? If so, what are you currently using and how do you feel about the announcements at WWDC 2013?

Currently typing this on my iPad mini and I have a work provided iPhone 4S. I have a mid 2007 iMac at home.

I was pleasantly surprised by this years WWDC actually - the new Mac Pro design looks fabulous and provided its configurable enough for the serious pro-users looks set to revive Apples slightly tarnished reputation in the pro-market.

Personally I like what I saw of iOS 7 and OSX 10.9 (except the name -it's ok, but I'd have preferred Sea Lion...) and I'm delighted to see iWorks coming to iClod properly (my work supplied laptop is Windows, so inter working with my home set up ATM is awkward) - now if they'd just make iWorks ODF friendly as well...

I'm strapped for cash at present but hoping I can stretch to a new iMac come the end of this year.

Cheers,

Nick

Currently typing this on my iPad mini and I have a work provided iPhone 4S. I have a mid 2007 iMac at home.

I was pleasantly surprised by this years WWDC actually - the new Mac Pro design looks fabulous and provided its configurable enough for the serious pro-users looks set to revive Apples slightly tarnished reputation in the pro-market.

Personally I like what I saw of iOS 7 and OSX 10.9 (except the name -it's ok, but I'd have preferred Sea Lion...) and I'm delighted to see iWorks coming to iClod properly (my work supplied laptop is Windows, so inter working with my home set up ATM is awkward) - now if they'd just make iWorks ODF friendly as well...

I'm strapped for cash at present but hoping I can stretch to a new iMac come the end of this year.

Cheers,

Nick

I actually liked most of the announcements. The updates to iOS7 and OSX 10.9 (even the name) look good. I also like the attention to gaming (even though I am not much of a computer game type). I also am very interested in the Mac Pro update - very interested to see what the final product is and how things test out. I think the concerns over internal expansion are overblown - as long as 3rd party companies get on board with Thunderbolt, PCIe expansion boxes, including video card expansion (though, being able to handle three 4K resolution displays is more than sufficient for just about anyone), even upgrading the internal video is not much of an issue. CPU upgrades/options might be the one area I would be concerned with, especially knowing what Intel has in the works - dual hexacore CPUs may be outmoded by the time the final product arrives, and newer chipsets loom.

Currently using an iPad Mini 32GB, an iPad Retina Display 16GB, and an oooooollld MacBook at home (running 10.6 - I was part of the beta test). I also have a newish Mini running Lion here at work. By Christmas, I expect to be purhcasing a new MacBook Pro Retina Display, probably the lower end 2.4GHz, but bump up RAM to 16GB (maybe more if available), and go with the 512GB SSD. May also look into a new Mini at home as well.

Ian

I loved the keynote. It finally felt like Apple again. I always knew a day would come when we had to say goodbye to the cats. It's a little surreal to me. (Forgive my sentiment... I've been a LONG time Apple user.)

I always thought they would use thunderbirds next.

Anyway, codename aside, there are a lot of radical moves being made - with a little attitude behind them, I might add.

I'm really digging the Mac Pro.

I'm anxious to try out iOS 7. I was not impressed with iOS 6 AT ALL.

As far as OS X... I loved Snow Leopard - hated Lion - hated Mountain Lion less, but hopeful about Mavericks.

BGB = BRP Gold. New book = BRP Platinum.  Stay metal.