The Back Catalog: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly

seneschal

While goofing around on Amazon.com a couple weeks ago, I looked up Call of Cthulhu and found 36 computer screen pages of material listed. Even taking into account duplications and unavailable product, that's a heap of titles, more than is currently available from Chaosium itself. They even still had the Big Bag o' Cthulhu. So, how can you tell what is good? There are a few reviews at rpg.net, but not 36 pages worth. Many of these titles I never heard of before, even though one of my former local game shops used to stock a lot of CoC stuff.

Escape from Innsmouth caught my eye. I've heard it's good, but Amazon prices for it are astronomical. Before the Fall, still a bit pricey for an old title but much more affordable, also seemed to have potential.

Also, any scenarios featuring the Mi-Go? It seems the Deep Ones get most of the love (or horrified fascination, or whatever).

I was just blown away by the sheer amount of material still available even though much of it is long out of print.