Moon Design Acquires Glorantha!

Guest Vile Traveller

Guest Vile Traveller

From the new Official Glorantha Website:

Moon Design Acquires Glorantha Rights

ANN ARBOR, MICHIGAN – The legendary game world of Glorantha has been transferred to Moon Design Publications. This world has spawned outstanding games for 40 years and is one of the best-known and best-loved places for games and gamers. The roleplaying games of RuneQuest, with over 50 outstanding supplements, and HeroQuest, as well as boardgames and a computer game, have entertained and challenged gamers for a generation. As of August 12th, 2013 Greg Stafford has transferred ownership, creative control and all related intellectual properties to Moon Design Publications.

“Glorantha is one of my most creative outlets for my adult lifetime,” says the gaming legend, “and I am tremendously happy that it is in the hands of such a creative team. I have no doubt that Jeff, Rick, and Neil will continue to develop my creation in the manner that I have established. Their creative vision builds on and compliments what I have spent the last 40 years of my life exploring. They have proved to me that they understand the heart and soul, the esoteric mysteries, and the deepest secrets of Glorantha. Their recent books prove this. Moon Design consistently combines artistic integrity creativity, and professionalism with business know-how to give Glorantha what it needs and deserves.”

Moon Design plans the release of the two volume Guide to Glorantha later this year, along with the associated Argan Argar Atlas. These give an encyclopedic overview of the classic setting, and have been greatly expanded as a result of their extraordinarily successful Kickstarter campaign of December 2012.

“We are committed to presenting Glorantha with that same sense of adventure that the very first books published by Chaosium had,” said Jeff Richard, Creative Director for Moon Design. Rick Meints, President of Moon Design, continues, “We grew up on Glorantha thirty years ago, and will nurture it for another thirty.”

Neil Robinson, Business Manager, added, “The existing licensees of The Design Mechanism (publisher of RuneQuest) and A-Sharp (publisher of King of Dragon Pass) will not be affected by the transfer of ownership. We look forward to more publications by our licensees, and are interested in discussing licensing options with new potential partners.”

Read all about it: Moon Design Acquires Glorantha Rights « Glorantha

Do you think this is the Moon Design guys using some of the Kickstarter cash to pay back Greg for all his work, and give him something for his senior years?

He's never been great with money and I think it's actually a really cool and nice thing they've done.