OQ2, I has it, my precious...

tzunder

Just got the final pdf of OpenQuest 2 and I have to say it looks lovely, still got that Newt layout vibe going, error checked by Cakebread and Walton and some wonderful artwork by Simon Bray. Newt really has made a big impact on d100 gaming with this excellent OGL engine that has powered so many other games and manages, in a way all of it's own, to plough a furrow between full BRP/BGB, RQ6 finesse complexity, and Magic World rock'n'roll.

Well done Newt and the team, and aren't the rest of you just wishing you had you copy yet?

Just got the final pdf of OpenQuest 2 and I have to say it looks lovely, still got that Newt layout vibe going, error checked by Cakebread and Walton and some wonderful artwork by Simon Bray. Newt really has made a big impact on d100 gaming with this excellent OGL engine that has powered so many other games and manages, in a way all of it's own, to plough a furrow between full BRP/BGB, RQ6 finesse complexity, and Magic World rock'n'roll.

Well done Newt and the team, and aren't the rest of you just wishing you had you copy yet?

Ttttttthhhhhrrrrppp! (to quote Bill the Cat): already got mine via email this morning Nyah-nayh!

:D

It looks GLORIOUS. I suspect I'll only dip in and out of the PDF version (still prefer hard copy for detailed reading), but very impressed with the look of the PDF and cant wait for my hard copy.

Cheers,

Nick

Very nice. Quite a 'clean' build for BRP, and a good option for those who want a slightly less complex version of the BGB. Should be good when the hardcover print copy turns up on my doorstep!

" Sure it's fun, but it is also well known that a D20 roll and an AC is no match against a hefty swing of a D100% and a D20 Hit Location Table!"

I thoroughly enjoyed it - and my 13 year old daughter (who was peering over my shoulder as I was working) has decided that I have to run some things using it for my Sunday Junior gaming group (I did suggest she could GM and I could have a day off, but she wasn't having it).

Peter Cakebread

>:>Cakebread&WaltonO:)

Purveyors of Fine Imaginings

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have 2 questions concerning very specific points in magic:

-Is it still possible to create one-use magic points storage matrices without spending any Improvement Rolls ? In my view, this was a huge game breaker, given a magician can create lots of those between 2 sessions.

-Are Fly and Tap Sorcery spells still based on the MRQ1 version rather than the RQ3 version ? For instance, is Fly based on the sorcerer's POW rather than the spell's Intensity ?

As stated, it requires an improvement point to make the magic point store permanent. If an improvement point is not used then the item is not reusable. (P.107)

Fly is based on POW. Tap appears to be based on Magnitude of the spell with the limitation that the characteristic to be tapped must not be greater than the magnitude of the spell (P.164)

I have 2 questions concerning very specific points in magic:

-Is it still possible to create one-use magic points storage matrices without spending any Improvement Rolls ? In my view, this was a huge game breaker, given a magician can create lots of those between 2 sessions.

-Are Fly and Tap Sorcery spells still based on the MRQ1 version rather than the RQ3 version ? For instance, is Fly based on the sorcerer's POW rather than the spell's Intensity ?

Just a quick update from me.

Friday 1st of November is OPENQUEST 2 release day.

All pre-orders have been ordered from DriveThruRpg.com, which I'm using to handle fulfillment. Fuller update to campaign backers later today via IndieGoGo.

Head Honcho of D101 Games
Publisher of Crypts and Things/Monkey/OpenQuest/River of Heaven
The Sorcerer Under the Mountain

As stated, it requires an improvement point to make the magic point store permanent. If an improvement point is not used then the item is not reusable. (P.107)

Fly is based on POW. Tap appears to be based on Magnitude of the spell with the limitation that the characteristic to be tapped must not be greater than the magnitude of the spell (P.164)

Thank you :)

Just got the PDF of this a few days ago, and must say fantastic work Mr Newt, open quest 2 has reignited my interest in fantasy gaming using a d100 system, it has just enough crunch for me (and my players) but does not over complicate things. Now i have to decide if my wallet can survive me buying a print version :)