Just got Hacked!

Trifletraxor

In case you wonder about the strange redirects these last days, yes, we got hacked again. The redirect to Chaosium was me overriding the redirect to the linkbucks site. We're up again, fresh new install and no malware or other stuff found on the scan. If you do notice anything strange (except that the URLs have changed, had to get rid of an old SEO plug-in), please do tell me though.

Ef plest master, this mighty fine grub!
b1.gif 116/420. High Priest.

Yup. The basic forum software is vBulletin, but I had a 3rd party add-on called vBSEO which in addition to SEO and link handling added the "like"-option. I found that the vBSEO software wasn't properly supported anymore, making it a security risk. I'm not sure what the entry point for the last hack was, but I removed it to be sure. Working now to stop the kitchen-spam-wave.

Ef plest master, this mighty fine grub!
b1.gif 116/420. High Priest.

Glad to have BRP Central up and running again - thanks for the hard work, Triff!

With respect to the cheap kitchen spam, maybe there's something to be learned.

Perennial Question: How could BRP be more popular?

Cynical answer: Chaosium should spam forums dedicated to the sale of kitchen cabinets and appliances to get the BRP message out. ;)

"Tell me what you found, not what you lost" Mesopotamian proverb

New anti-spam measures taken. Tell me if it gives you any trouble.

Good job Trifletraxor. I ended up changing my forum registration to admin approved only because I got tired of all the spammers that kept getting through, even to the point where they were posting JavaScript code in the forum posts, which highjacked my forum!

Thanks for getting the forums back up!

Skunk - 285/420 BRP book

You wanna be alright you gotta walk tall

Long Beach Dub Allstars & Black Eyed Peas