RQ6 Encounter tool
A short note on possibly useful tool:
RQ Encounter Generator (for RQ6) (the creation of skoll at thedesignmechanism forum) has grown lately to have quite a bit of new features and content. Content is crowd sourced. So for the hard working GM's there is now an easy way to generate many types of enemies. You need a herd of allosaurs - click, select number press generate and unleash doom. The characters finished them off - need a bigger reserve herd - click a number and generate again. Other beasts got attracted to the noise - perhaps a tyrannosaur - click a number and generate again.
Endless supply of Lunar more what you need - pick from the list - generate again. In units nicely formed of up to 40 individuals - they will march to restore peace and order in the name of the Moon again.
Town guards noticed your character's getaway from the second story job - click a number and generate.
Serpent People to fill your jungle with silent death - select from the list.
A number of templates have already been created for Gloranthan, Monster Island, General Fantasy settings by the users of the system.
Need a new kind of enemy - use the templates from existing races and templates, modify to your heart's content and create away. http://ouropa.planeetta.com/rq_tools.../instructions/
Need new feature that does not exist - there is a discussion thread at the Design Mechanism forum to discuss new features.
RQ Encounters in a recent version
Main new features:
1. You can create and save a party of enemies encountered together. For example "Dragonewts on a Warpath: 2d3 dragonewt scouts, 4 dragonewt beaked warriors - skilled, 1 dragonewt beaked warrior elite, 5 demibirds". Party can have notes as well.
2. PDF export of the generated results
3. Filter the enemies by "All/Glorantha/Monster Island/General fantasy".
4. Generate button to all the template pages.
5. Improvements in printing
Content has also grown quite a bit. Currently there are over 350 enemy templates including 60 group templates for available and you can easily create more from scratch or from existing ones. There are now parties and enemies both for Glorantha, Monster Island and Generic Fantasy. Most of them fit for Glorantha but can be used also outside.
new version and some new features
Able to generate
- Shamans & Thanatari with priest and acolyte templates
Many parties can be generated
- Quiet Night at Gimpy's
- Bar at a port city
- Raiding parties for all major tribes in Prax
- Lunar parties for cities and outside cities
- Sartarite parties
- Morokanth Slavers
- ship crews
- create your own
- broos, lots of broos and their Shamans
Many Monster Island parties and enemies added
- Primitive islander hunting and war parties
- Primitive islander village scenes day and night
- Serpent People parties - in the jungle and in the air
The tool is under constant development - random encounters for a region is on the backlog - might come in later.