GenCon 2013 Seminars on YouTube

Psychman

The most interesting things for me were related to RuneQuest. I believe Loz said MOB was going to make a updated and expanded revision of Sun Country and after that The Design Mechanism would give similar treatment to Borderlands and perhaps Griffin Mountain.

Sounds good to me.

Edited by smjn
typo

The most interesting things for me were related to RuneQuest. I believe Loz said MOB was going to make a updated and expanded revision of Sun Country and after that The Design Mechanism would give similar treatment to Borderlands and perhaps Griffin Mountain.

Sounds good to me.

I want to listen to that bit again 'cause it was late at night when I saw it. Ii know MOB is doing a new campaign for Gloranthan RQ, I thought they mentioned his previous work as proof he knows what he is doing but I do recall Loz mentioning Griffin Mountain. Revisiting there from an RQ6 animist perspective would be very interesting...

Clearly, "what I like" is awesome, and a well-considered, educated opinion. While "what other people like" is stupid, and just a bunch of made up gobbledygoook. - zomben

Victor of the "I Bought, We Won"

I made a little transcript of what Loz said:

6:25 Michal O'Brian who wrote Sun County for RuneQuest 3 the Avalon Hill edition is back on board with us, he's a great fan of RuneQuest, a great fan of what Pete and I have been doing.

6:37 And he's going to rewrite Sun County, he's going to expand it and that will be our first campaign book for RQ 6: Adventures in Glorantha. So there will be all new adventures in there, updated material. There's a lot that he wants to redo, so we'll have a brand new version of Sun County.

6:55 And following off from that we're talking about revisiting Borderlands, the (other?) classic boxed campaign set, that MOB would like to go and retackle a lot of what was in there, again expand it, rewrite some of it and bring it fully up to date.

7:10 So there's a lot that's gonna be happening and we then have plans to look at Griffin Mountain again and maybe some other areas too. But they're down the line, we got the immediate pipeline that we need to fulfil.

That's great, thanks for that smjn. I'll have to do the same with that list of core Deities that Jeff rattled off, so we can look properly and see what will be in the Gods book. I was surprised by Harmast, and need to have a proper look at the list, past pronunciation conversion slowdown. :7

Clearly, "what I like" is awesome, and a well-considered, educated opinion. While "what other people like" is stupid, and just a bunch of made up gobbledygoook. - zomben

As promised, here is Jeff's list of Deities etc definitely in the God's book:

Aldrya, Mostal, Ernalda, Yelm, Malkion, Orlanth, Humakt, Kyger Litor, Zorak Zoran, Yelmalio, Unholy Trio, Storm Bull, The Other 7 Lightbringers, Hrestol, Nysalor, Arkat, Harmast, Modern Malkioni Schools of Sorcery, The Seven Mothers, The Red Goddess, Hwaran Dalthippa, Hon Eel, another 5-10 others.

The order definitely seems to tie in with the Mythic history of Glorantha, whci ties with what jeff said about the books prime purpose: to fully unpack and explore the Monomythic structure of Glorantha.

Would anyone disagree that Waha and Eiretha, the default cults for Praxian nomads, are indispensable to a campaign set in Prax that includes nomads as player characters? Prax being one of the two main campaign settings for Glorantha, I don't understand why they wouldn't be part of the core list of deities.