Stats for Homebrew Creatures

rogerd

Okay people let's list some monsters, or templates that are totally invented, or existing modified existing templates. What made me think of this? Well I was reading Poetry and the Gods and I started thinking of how we can make sense of the Gods of earth existing with Mythos critters. So here goes.

Okay I was thinking of using the stats for Jinn as per Cthulhu Invictus, page 116.

Generic Jinn

I'm using these as stats for the normal Gods of Earth, as if we go by mythology there were three races: Angels or Devas (beings of light), Humankind, and the Jinn (composed of smokeless fire).

Str: 6d6

Con: 6d6+3

Dex: 3d6

Siz: 3d6+6

Int: 3d6

Pow: 4d6

Cha / App: 5d6

Traits

Immortal: Do not age and cannot be magically aged.

Invulnerable: Non-magical weapons will not harm one and neither will poisons, disease or viruses.

Regeneration: 2 HP per round (5 seconds)

Shapechange: By expending 1 MP they can change into any form of similar size. This lasts two rounds.

Common Talents

These are abilities that only cover one area or use.

Divine Radiance: This will allow them to create a forcefield comprised of light, and each MP = AP. Due to the brightness all that view this suffer 5 rounds of temporary blindness.

Inhuman Visage: Many of them have true forms that are more monstrous than human; for instance Kali's true form had blue skin, fangs, and multiple pairs of arms and hands. Some deities possess animalistic features. This costs 3 MP and does not last more than one round, and may incur San loss.

Circle of Purifying Flame: There are many depictions in mythology, certainly in Hindu and Buddhist texts, of gods being surrounded by flames. Not only do these protect from attacks, but it also causes horrendous amounts of damage. Each MP = AP & 1d6 Dam.

Teleport: Allows the god to teleport. See Gate spells for MP costs.

Weaknesses

Specific Weapons: Certain exotic weapons can kill them. This could high tech weapons such as a disintegration weapon, or some other exotic energy used by some Mythos races.

Sufficient Force: Being submerged in highly corrosive acid, whether ground zero in a nuclear explosion or being fed through a wood chipper - homage to all Supernatural fans :)

Weapons of the gods: These were weapons forged by other Jinn, although weapons forged by the Holy Ones (See Old Ones from Call of Cthulhu Dark Ages) are also effective.

Higher beings: Higher beings can easily kill them, including other higher gods (Great Old Ones, Elder Gods etc)