River of Heaven - 1st of January 2014 - Crowdfunding campaign begins

Newt

• 2 weeks later...

I was happy with funding OpenQuest2, and now I've happily thrown a few coins into the pot for this one too.

@Questbird: I wish I could say I've been happy with funding OpenQuest2 like you. It is because of Newt's lack of ability to deliver on missed milestone after missed milestone from the OQ2 campaign that I am sitting this one out. I can't help but feel burned by a campaign that began in 2012 with intent of delivering by Christmas of the same year, not delivering on most of the promised pieces as of this writing (14-ish months later). I started off a defender of Newt's when timelines ran horribly out of control, going so far as to publicly praise him for ensuring high quality at the expense of timeliness. However, those feelings have faded and now I have grown quite upset that there are no updates (for over a month) and Newt is here, shilling for his next project while being laughably late with his previous promises. In fact, perhaps the most damning aspect of the whole debacle has been the total lack of communication through the ordeal. No updates for stretches longer than a month? How hard is it to pop-in and say something?

Nope. Not again.

Hi Doofstructor

I'm sorry that you feel uphappy and upset about the OQ2 campaign.

I admit that I'm a little over the usual monthly update, a family winter break and bouts of sickness has gotten in the way as well as a desire to actually have something concrete to report. The last update to backers which was also posted Jan 21 for those keeping stoce. I also posted it on OpenQuestrpg.com on Jan 21 and on D101 on G+. I did overlook posting here. So I do think it a bit unfair of you to say that there has been a complete lack of communication over OQ2. If anyone ever feels that I've gone quiet on the OpenQuest 2 front as far as updates are concerned, please fell free to ask me politely either here or directly via my email (newt@d101games.com)

As fate would have it I've just hit an OQ2 milestone or (two) today and will be sending out an update to backers, along with some deliverable either later today or tomorrow ;)

Edited by Newt

Head Honcho ofĀ D101 Games
Publisher of Crypts and Things/Monkey/OpenQuest/River of Heaven
The Sorcerer Under the Mountain

I think the fact that all of the KS backers already have access to the pdf of the text for this book should be proof enough that this is a very worthwhile project. Setting the creative process to a definitive schedule is a much bigger challenge than most people give credit for.

I useĀ  fantasygrounds.com

Guest Vile Traveller

This is why I prefer campaigns that go for achievable items like art, layout and printing (such as RoH and the RQ6 hardcover). I think it's a mistake to add stretch goals for things that add more time to the programme than what was anticipated at the start, and the decision to restrict the RoH Kickstarter (more-or-less) to art was the right one.