River of Heaven - 1st of January 2014 - Crowdfunding campaign begins

Newt

So River of Heaven, what’s going on with that then?

Well first off its ‘s John Ossoway’s (Cthulhu Rising/Savage North) D100 Sci-Fi magnum opus. Its sat on my harddrive ready to go into layout, we just need art. Art which is the mighty Peter Frain (Fate System Toolkit, Duty & Honour) is going to do. Art which if the game successfully crowd sources will be numerous and colourised icon_smile.gif Oh and we have a ‘soundtrack’ done by the immeasurably talented Keef Baker . Its awesome, I’m listening to it now icon_smile.gif All wrapped up with a lovely cover by Jon Hodgson (Cubicle 7 art supremo, One Ring etc). Its been a good 4 years in the making. When can you get it? As soon as the crowdfunding campaign funds all backers will get the sans-art draft in pdf, with delivery date of early Summer 2014 for the full game.

The River of Heaven starts flowing on

1st Jan 2014

on either Kickstarter or IndieGoGo (still deciding which works best for it).

Check back here for more updates.

Head Honcho of D101 Games
Publisher of Crypts and Things/Monkey/OpenQuest/River of Heaven
The Sorcerer Under the Mountain

• 4 weeks later...

The River of Heaven Kickstarter is up and running, but Kickstarter only accepts credit

cards, which I do not have - never needed one ... X(

Sorry about this, I forgot Kickstarter UK doesn't have the option for paypal etc. I look into what I can do about this. Watch this space.

Head Honcho of D101 Games
Publisher of Crypts and Things/Monkey/OpenQuest/River of Heaven
The Sorcerer Under the Mountain

Sorry about this ...

No need to be sorry, it is not your fault. :)

Well, I really want to support this project, so if Kickstarter remains unable to accept

my money, I could perhaps just as well send it to your firm's bank account instead.

"Mind like parachute, function only when open."

(Charlie Chan)

The River of Heaven Kickstarter is up and running, but Kickstarter only accepts credit

cards, which I do not have - never needed one ... X(

I have the same problem. Luckily my brother allows me to use his credit card. There have been KS campaigns where it was possible to donate directly to thenpublisher through PayPal after the campaign had ended. I did that with Achtung! Cthulhu from Modiphius, because at that time I couldn't use a credit card yet. Perhaps Newt could do something similar.

Anyways, I'm in for a hardcover. Are there plans for any fun add-ons to whip us into upping our pledges?

RPGbericht (Dutch)

Guest Vile Traveller

Arck, I need to spend some time in front of my home PC so I can get in on this! Damn work and real life and all that nonsense.

Well, I really want to support this project, so if Kickstarter remains unable to accept my money, I could perhaps just as well send it to your firm's bank account instead.
Careful, Newt. Better check rust's ip address location, he's starting to sound like one of those dodgy emails I find in my spam filter ... >:>

• 2 weeks later...

How to pledges from North America work? I backed the kickstarter for the Canadian Costume Fairy Adventures RPG (which yo should look into as a change-of-pace game sometime because it's really, genuinely funny), and I ended up paying a bit extra for the privilege of sending them US dollars that they converted into Canadian ones (and later on international shipping when I upgraded my pledge to include a lot of printed products). I'm going to want a print copy if I back this, assuming you can get the POD release to work out, so I have to figure out how much to pledge without quite knowing how much I will actually be spending given the exchange rate....