Spells: Simple Adaptation to BRP Magic

QueenJadisOfCharn

Don't convert. Just lift and drop the whole system into your BRP game. It's simpler and unlikely to break, and you get to use it rather than messing with it.

I second this very sound advice. My experience with the d100 family is that the best conversion is not converting anything. If you don't convert you immediately get something that works 90% of the times and when it doesn't it is very easy to adjust on the fly (e.g. opposed roll -> resistance table, or rolled strike rank -> fixed dex rank) or ignore the difference (5% critical vs. 10% critical vs. 01 impale, just ignore and let the effect become more or less powerful!). If you convert you get lost in the dozens of very minute differences between the different d100 systems. And bad conversions are bad.

• Like 1

I also recommend porting Renaissance's Witchcraft over to BRP pretty much as its written, just work out MAG the same way and give it to characters who know Witchcraft. Of course, you also need to port over Righteousness Points, although you could use BRP's Allegiance instead, as its pretty much the same concept,

" Sure it's fun, but it is also well known that a D20 roll and an AC is no match against a hefty swing of a D100% and a D20 Hit Location Table!"

• 6 months later...