Thread: When Will RQ6 Be in Stock?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default When Will RQ6 Be in Stock?

I have RQ6 from RPGNow but my friend wants to order a copy (Preferably paperback) and we can't seem to find any in stock.

Downloads
    Uploads

RQ6 is currently being reprinted in a standard hardback edition. The paperback has been discontinued (I do have a very small number of personal copies reserved for cons and tradeshows - PM me if you're interested), but the new hardback should be in stock and available in about 3 weeks.
    The Design Mechanism: Publishers of RuneQuest 6th Edition
    www.thedesignmechanism.com

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by lawrence.whitaker View Post
    RQ6 is currently being reprinted in a standard hardback edition. The paperback has been discontinued (I do have a very small number of personal copies reserved for cons and tradeshows - PM me if you're interested), but the new hardback should be in stock and available in about 3 weeks.
    Thanks. He is looking forward to getting it.

Downloads
    Uploads

Do you know a.) a good online retailer who you know will be carrying it and b.) what sort of price point we are talking about? I try to buy most of my books and games from Amazon these days simply because of the Prime shipping and that I can get my purchases shipped where I work (my apartment building isn't all that secure), but they are very much hit-and-miss when it comes to stocking RPG books in particular.

I have the PDF from the recent special on DriveThru, but it would be nice to have a print book to sit alongside the copy of OpenQuest 2 I'm expecting next week.

Downloads
    Uploads

Do you know a.) a good online retailer who you know will be carrying it and b.) what sort of price point we are talking about?

You can buy a copy direct from us at www.thedesignmechanism.com/products. We'll ship it to wherever you need it to go. Price point will be in the $60 region, with US shipping around $10.

Downloads
    Uploads

I did stop by one of my local retailers, Guardian Games, and they'll special order it for me. I don't know whether they'll give me the new printing or their distributor's back stock.

I'm looking forward to this addition to my collection (although I do have the PDF already, and can't help but wonder how much money DM made from that ridiculously-low-priced sale).

Downloads
    Uploads

If you ordered a hard bound copy then it'll be a new printing as they didn't do a hard bound version of the first printing. The versions out are; soft cover (nearly all gone), premium hardbound in slipcase (all gone I believe) and now hardbound (shipping later this month).

I suspect that the low cost pdf was to get the rules out while they prep the Mythic Britain and other settings books. If people have the base rules they are probably more likely to buy a setting book, or the Monster Island book etc. I'm sure that DM have made enough off the KS's for the premium version and the original soft cover to fund their business plan for 2014.

Downloads
    Uploads

I suspect that the low cost pdf was to get the rules out while they prep the Mythic Britain and other settings books.
    No, it was because Drivethru run several sales campaigns a year and we have certain automated opt-in settings that ensure we're part of that. The Black Friday sale is the biggest sale Drivethru has and not being part of it would be to miss a huge opportunity.

Downloads
    Uploads

In any event, Guardian Games doesn't yet know when their US distributor will have the books, but I have one on order for when they do. And I can always look up stuff from the PDF on my Nook.