When Will RQ6 Be in Stock?

QueenJadisOfCharn

RQ6 is currently being reprinted in a standard hardback edition. The paperback has been discontinued (I do have a very small number of personal copies reserved for cons and tradeshows - PM me if you're interested), but the new hardback should be in stock and available in about 3 weeks.

The Design Mechanism: Publishers of Mythras

DM logo Freeforums Icon.png

RQ6 is currently being reprinted in a standard hardback edition. The paperback has been discontinued (I do have a very small number of personal copies reserved for cons and tradeshows - PM me if you're interested), but the new hardback should be in stock and available in about 3 weeks.

Thanks. He is looking forward to getting it.

Do you know a.) a good online retailer who you know will be carrying it and b.) what sort of price point we are talking about? I try to buy most of my books and games from Amazon these days simply because of the Prime shipping and that I can get my purchases shipped where I work (my apartment building isn't all that secure), but they are very much hit-and-miss when it comes to stocking RPG books in particular.

I have the PDF from the recent special on DriveThru, but it would be nice to have a print book to sit alongside the copy of OpenQuest 2 I'm expecting next week.

Do you know a.) a good online retailer who you know will be carrying it and b.) what sort of price point we are talking about?

You can buy a copy direct from us at www.thedesignmechanism.com/products. We'll ship it to wherever you need it to go. Price point will be in the $60 region, with US shipping around $10.

• 2 weeks later...

I did stop by one of my local retailers, Guardian Games, and they'll special order it for me. I don't know whether they'll give me the new printing or their distributor's back stock.

I'm looking forward to this addition to my collection (although I do have the PDF already, and can't help but wonder how much money DM made from that ridiculously-low-priced sale).

If you ordered a hard bound copy then it'll be a new printing as they didn't do a hard bound version of the first printing. The versions out are; soft cover (nearly all gone), premium hardbound in slipcase (all gone I believe) and now hardbound (shipping later this month).

I suspect that the low cost pdf was to get the rules out while they prep the Mythic Britain and other settings books. If people have the base rules they are probably more likely to buy a setting book, or the Monster Island book etc. I'm sure that DM have made enough off the KS's for the premium version and the original soft cover to fund their business plan for 2014.

Nigel

I suspect that the low cost pdf was to get the rules out while they prep the Mythic Britain and other settings books.

No, it was because Drivethru run several sales campaigns a year and we have certain automated opt-in settings that ensure we're part of that. The Black Friday sale is the biggest sale Drivethru has and not being part of it would be to miss a huge opportunity.

• 2 weeks later...