Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: BRP on Roll20

Downloads
    Uploads

Default BRP on Roll20

I have just started to look into the possibility of running BRP on Roll20 as one of my long term players can't make most of our FTF play. Has anyone documented the macros and player abilities in Roll20 needed to run BRP. If so are you prepared to make them available or even provide a system specific guide on Roll20 based on practical experience of using BRP on this VTT? I know that the GM can run Roll20 without this but I feel that anything which shortens the VTT 'learning curve' is probably worth doing. I might give it a go once I have organised some actual games on this.

BTW If anyone currently runs BRP on Roll20 and would like to offer an old-timer the chance to view it as a player for a session or two then please let me know. I have found nothing so far using Roll20 LfG

Downloads
    Uploads

Interesting that you brought this up, I'm going to start running a BRP sci-fi game on either Roll20 or RPTools, having never used either before, I'm not sure which one will work better, so I'm going to start with Roll20, then decide how much I like it.

I do like the fact that Roll20 has a video chat function, so that gives it a big plus for me. I'll probably be writing up Macros for the it if I continue to use it and will make any of them available to anyone who is interested in having them. Doesn't help you now, but just wanted to give you a heads up where I'm going with it.
    Skunk

You wanna be alright you gotta walk tall
    Long Beach Dub Allstars & Black Eyed Peas

Check out what games Iím working on and their status by visiting here.

Wizard Quest fantasy campaign

Tampa Bay Game Players Forum

285/420

Downloads
    Uploads

They are supposed to be going live with roll-able Tables later this month, which will help with critical hits and fumbles ( so I wouldn't try to use macros for that ).
    Setting up the specials, criticals and fumbles would probably be the most important part of the process, but I haven't looked into it yet.
    The macros don't support If Then statements or anything complex so I'm not sure there is much that you can really do.

Downloads
    Uploads

We are moving to CoC in a couple weeks using roll20. I realize that's not much help now, but I can tell you that I really like it for the other games we've used it with (no BRP based ones yet).
    We haven't built any macros yet...we are lazy.
    We pretty much only use the dice roller, image sharing and map tool.
    121/420

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by wbcreighton View Post
    They are supposed to be going live with roll-able Tables later this month, which will help with critical hits and fumbles ( so I wouldn't try to use macros for that ).
    Good. Table rolls will be really useful for Hit Location. I still think macros will be useful but I haven't much experience in GMing on a VTT. Plenty of IT background including various macro languages.

Downloads
    Uploads

Well rollable tables are live on Roll20 now, if you are a supporter or subscriber. So that should help. I think they need a new dice function for handling a BRP success roll.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Speaking of that, Alephtar Games is now evaluating the idea of launching its own tool/community for "lightweight" online gaming based on hangouts (while continuing to support Fantasy Grounds for heavy-duty gaming). Would anyone be interested in trying, or possibly kickstarting, such a tool?

Downloads
    Uploads

Support for doing different macros/abilities/rollable tables depending on whether an initial test gives '0 Successes' or '1 Successes' would be a good. Rollable tables are useful but still at an early stage

First I am going to ask them for the option to sort the turn tracker by ascending numerical order as per 'Dex rank order' in BRP rather than just descending numerical as per 'highest dex first' But that is just because I use fudge dice to mix up the initiative order each turn.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by RosenMcStern View Post
    Speaking of that, Alephtar Games is now evaluating the idea of launching its own tool/community for "lightweight" online gaming based on hangouts (while continuing to support Fantasy Grounds for heavy-duty gaming). Would anyone be interested in trying, or possibly kickstarting, such a tool?
    Perhaps if it was a clear improvement on things like Roll20 and if it isn't tied to particular hardware/os platforms and if it isn't tied to one game system. If they make a really convincing case on Kickstarter.

If would rather see them do something radical with Fantasy Grounds especially for BRP

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by RosenMcStern View Post
    I personally would rather that Alephtar Games puts all of their energy into making resource material for BRP. Roll20 seems to be a decent platform and there are lots of users. I would rather that you worked with them to improve the BRP experience and possibly sell BRP material on their marketplace. We need some custom dice rolling functions for d100. Creating another platform might fragment the user base and get less exposure for BRP to the general gaming audience. All IMHO.