Achtung! Cthulhu Airplane Dogfight

skenderax

Wish you nice day :-).

Right now I read through rules of Achtung! Cthulhu and I am really impress. It is very nice piece of work. I love it.

But I dont think I understand airplane dogfight and in rulebook are no examles.

Is here someone skillfull to post example of dogfight?

Tnaks.

Oooh! I've been bewildered for quite a while by all the random posts about various 'WW2 Cthulhu w/ Nazis' gaming products that I've seen, but now a mention of dogfighting rules?! Could this be the piece missing from a port of Crimson Skies to BRP?! Someone please tell me more!

Oooh! I've been bewildered for quite a while by all the random posts about various 'WW2 Cthulhu w/ Nazis' gaming products that I've seen, but now a mention of dogfighting rules?! Could this be the piece missing from a port of Crimson Skies to BRP?! Someone please tell me more!

Adapting the vehicular rules from the BGB would probably work ok. It just needs a chart covering manoeuvers, maybe utilising a sort of Resistance chart with opposed Piloting skills to pull off an Immelmann and a set of weapon charts for the heavier cannon and MGs found on aircraft. I've been toying with rules for small boats, Schenellboote, MTB's etc. for WW Cthulhu.

I've always wondered why we have the minigun Vulcan gatling thing for modern era but not things like 20mm, 30mm and 40mm cannon for anti-vehicular use. I thought it was so we could do games of Predator in the jungle with Arnie personally :-)

Nigel

Which book are the dogfighting rules in? The Achtung! Cthulhu Keeper's Guide pdf? Just got to keep track of this, I prefer hardcopy books to vaporous pdf's, so if I decide to purchase I'll wait until they go to print.

Has anyone compared Achtung! Cthulhu to World War Cthulhu from Cubicle 7 yet?

I've played the scenarios from the A!C Zero Point campaign but with various versions of FATE rather than SW or the other options. I don't have the actual A!C material though.

World War Cthulhu is just a setting book for CoC 6e so play is literally plain CoC with added weapons and character choices for WW2 with some sections covering disguise, fitting in to your cover in Occupied Europe and some military tactics stuff plus a lot of background on every aspect of the period (black markets etc). The included scenario is, or rather looks like, a great start. I know that the notorious Scott Dorward has been signed up to provide a scenario book for WWC so expect mind wrenching horror and possibly dead babies.

Nigel

No answer to the OP's post on Modiphius site. I can't manage to get logged into their site, regardless of which account or browser I try. I hate that!!!

Can't anyone please tell me which Acthung Cthulhu product has the dogfighting rules in it?!

• 2 weeks later...

It is not realy Dogfight, but it explains how to use CoC (BRP) Vehicle Chases rules for action combat in the air. The rules are in Achtung Cthulhu - Keeper's Guide p. 159 (Aerial Combat: Dogfights).

I've toyed with the idea of using the mechanics presented in BRP Mecha

to 'reverse engineer' for WW2 era vehicles, Tanks, Fighter bombers etc..

from just a quick numbers bash it fits snug and has parity with the all important

'man vrs vehicle' necessity

• 2 years later...

I confess I totally hated the Achtung C'thulhu dogfight rules and came up with an alternative that works better imo.

The rules are that both pilots roll under their flying skill.  The one who rolls better gets to fire, but subtracts the other pilot's skill-roll from their Piloting skill.  For a bit of extra detail if the result gives them a high chance, they are on the other pilot's tail.  If the results are 20% or worse they have a side facing.  Bad rolls on both sides may find them clashing head to head.

It also helps to have a Pendragon style "who is in the dogfight" battle sheet, where a good Spot Hidden roll and a good Aerial Tactics roll will modify who you wind up engaging.

The only thing I kept from Achung Cthulhu was the plane stats, damage and facings.