Posts required to upload

nerdvana

I asked this in another thread which got no reply so I figured I'd make a new post to ask it. At what point can I upload files to the site?

The reason I ask is because I'm writing up a new skill for Legend and wanted to upload a PDF of it to share.

(I know that this is based on number of posts, so when I am asking this I am at 28 posts, including this one)

Edited by nerdvana
edited in comment about number of posts

If you go to the Forum tab and select FAQ you can find the Board FAQ. Under the Reading and Posting Messages section you'll find a sub-section Attachments and Images which has what you want for in-line images etc.

Here's a direct link.

http://basicroleplaying.com/faq.php?faq=vb3_reading_posting#faq_vb3_attachments

There isn't a FAQ for Uploads so send a PM to the board owner Trifletraxor for help. IIRC it was soemthing like 25 posts for uploads but YMMV.

Nigel

Are you trying to attach it to a posted message? If you are you could always put it in the downloads section otherwise. A third option is to use google drive and share the link to it in a post. ;t)

I had been trying to attach an image to a post. I did end up uploading it to my 4share account and use an HTML link to put it in the post. I figured that if I couldn't do that I couldn't upload to the downloads section but I haven't tried as my work isn't ready for that... was just trying to be prepared.

So you have had a bunch of people trying to help you when you haven't even tried to do an upload! I pointed you to the FAQ and gave you the link on how to include images and now I find that was a complete waste of my time.

Sorry but you need to take some responsibility for working things out yourself not blindly post requests for assistance for something you didn't even try and thus waste people's time.

I'm afraid that responding to you with help has now become unlikely in my case.

Nigel

So you have had a bunch of people trying to help you when you haven't even tried to do an upload!

I tried an image upload into the forum. For all appearances it is the same. Thus I wanted to know the /rules/. I didn't know who to ask so I asked here. I then PMed the forum owner as was suggested. Then other people started talking and I answered. Please don't get upset with me for your continuing when I acknowledged the information you gave me three days ago.

No harm done. There are really not much rules except common sense. We do our best to help keeping harmful stuff away but except for some forum spammers now and then it is mostly quite open. The advantage with uploading stuff into the Download section is that you can update the file with a new one whenever you want. I do that myself and find it much easier than posting an attachment with a post. Now that I think about it I don't even think I have ever attached something to a post so don't even know if that works. But nowadays I just find it simpler to link to the file in my Google Drive account since when I do make a change, the file updates straight away removing the need for an upload each time. :)