Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RQ6 back in stock, now as a hardback!

Boden, Sweden - just below the Arctic Circle!
    Downloads
    Uploads

Smile RQ6 back in stock, now as a hardback!

For the last two months the Design Mechanism has found itself in the rather pleasing situation of having sold out its entire first and second print runs of RuneQuest 6th Edition. We have been very fortunate that our customers have not only rated RQ6 very highly in reviews, but also spread the word amongst their gaming friends.

Faced with the need to print a new batch of the core rules, we are pleased to announce that RuneQuest 6 is now available as a high quality, durable hardback. This latest print run includes all of the errata, the upgraded artwork funded by the Indiegogo fundraiser; and has been produced by the same company who printed our excellent Collector's Special Edition.

For $60 you get a complete 456 page game including one of the most highly regarded combat systems in RPGs today, five different forms of magic with hundreds of abilities and spells, a comprehensive bestiary, Game Master advice and tons of additional extras, such as rules support for creating your own setting, cults, diseases and poisons, even traps.

Anyone who held out, put off by the price of the softback, will find this edition excellent value for money. You can order directly from us at the Design Mechanism website (we will throw in the pdf for free), or locate it at your local game store.
    10/420

Downloads
    Uploads

But can it deflect small arms fire like Hero System 5th edition?

Downloads
    Uploads

Well, we have an additional 76 pages over Hero 5th Ed, and I think the quality of the RQ6 covers might add to stopping power. However, what it really comes down to is exactly how 'pulpy' the pages are. Whilst RQ6 is fashioned from a specially refined type of historical/S&S pulp, the Hero 5th Edition pages are the epitome of garden sink pulply goodness, doubling its thickness. So until someone shoots a copy full of small calibre lead, I'm pretty sure Hero still retains its title!
    10/420

Sol System, Earth, North America, New England, New Hampshire, Rochester, at my computer.
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Nash View Post
    Well, we have an additional 76 pages over Hero 5th Ed, and I think the quality of the RQ6 covers might add to stopping power. However, what it really comes down to is exactly how 'pulpy' the pages are. Whilst RQ6 is fashioned from a specially refined type of historical/S&S pulp, the Hero 5th Edition pages are the epitome of garden sink pulply goodness, doubling its thickness. So until someone shoots a copy full of small calibre lead, I'm pretty sure Hero still retains its title!
    I really, really want to get this, but I'm on the fence. Is there anyone that can check the small caliber rating of this thing? At least check it against the paperback version and we can extrapolate from there. I'd HATE to spring for this, just to get gunned down on my way home from the game store.

Rod
    Join my RuneQuest: Classic Fantasy Yahoo Group at https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/RQCF/info
    Join my BRP: Classic Fantasy Yahoo Group at http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/brpclassicfantasy/

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by threedeesix View Post
    I really, really want to get this, but I'm on the fence. Is there anyone that can check the small caliber rating of this thing? At least check it against the paperback version and we can extrapolate from there. I'd HATE to spring for this, just to get gunned down on my way home from the game store.

Rod
    You can buy two, just to be on the safe side.

Downloads
    Uploads

Against a 9mm at close range I suspect a single hardback copy of RQ6 would not stop the round... but TWO copies, I'm fairly certain would be more than ample protection!

Edit: Picked at the post
    10/420

Downloads
    Uploads

As I mentioned just now, Guardian in Portland has a standing order from me to get the book when it becomes available. If it is that mighty a tome it should be fun to carry home on the bus if nothing else.

And if you need your RPG books to stop gunfire, you really need to move into a different part of town.

Sol System, Earth, North America, New England, New Hampshire, Rochester, at my computer.
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Hopcroft View Post
    And if you need your RPG books to stop gunfire, you really need to move into a different part of town.
    Join my RuneQuest: Classic Fantasy Yahoo Group at https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/RQCF/info
    Join my BRP: Classic Fantasy Yahoo Group at http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/brpclassicfantasy/

Downloads
    Uploads

I am just glad things are going so well for Design Mechanism. Having both the old Softcover and the new Collector's Edition of RQ. Not only that you keep producing high quality modules (Book of Quest, Monster Island and more on the way) to support the game in a rate that is surprising for a small company of Design Mechanisms size. Keep up the good work!!!

Downloads
    Uploads

I just ordered the Hardcover, Monster Island and Book of Quests, can't wait.