Vampire: The Masquerade

skenderax

This is what I use:

Stats to BRP

Strength =Strength

Dexterity =Dexterity

Endurance =Constitution

Charisma =Charisma (whichever is higher CHA, MAN or APP)

Manipulation =Charisma (whichever is higher CHA, MAN or APP)

Appearance =Charisma (whichever is higher CHA, MAN or APP)

Perception =Wisdom (whichever is higher PER or WITS)

Intelligence =Intelligence and Education

Wits =Wisdom (whichever is higher PER or WITS)

Willpower x 2 = Power (mages can add in

Dots to BRP/D20

1 8 (-1)

2 10 (0)

3 12 (+1)

4 16 (+3)

5 20 (+5)

6 24 (+7)

7 30 (+9)

8 36 (+11)

9 36 (+13)

10 40 (+15)

Knowledge/Skills/Abilities dots to BRP Skills

1 20%

2 50%

3 60%

4 80%

5 95%

6 120%

7 140%

8 160%

9 180%

10 195%

A “specialization” gives a bonus of one dot thus 5 dots of security and a specialization in lockpicking gives a total of 6 dots for lockpicking = 120%

Abilities/Powers/Gifts work as described and as a skill (see K/S/A’s)

All of them act as skills. The dots x 20% = the skill rating…the dot = the PWR cost. Those types of powers that increase stats act as multiples +1…thus potence 4 means you can boost your strength by a factor of 5!

FOR Disciplines, powers, etc…the ASSUMPTION is that they always work. When they are opposed, THAT is when you make a roll…

For Mage, you can either convert from WoD as spheres as above, or use the following to use D20 spell lists:

Spheres/Numina:

1 access to 0, 1 and 2 level spells

2 3 and 4 spells

3 5 and 6 spells

4 7 and 8 spells

5 9th level spells

Sorcerer Paths:

1 access to 0 level spells

2 1 and 2 spells

3 3 and 4 spells

4 5 and 6 spells

5 7 and 8 spells

6 9th level spells

Alternately you can use Monte Cooks World of Darkness (d20 style) which uses a different magic system and can either add up all the spheres to get the level of caster which then gives you spell components, or you can take the highest sphere and multiply by 2 to get the level and then get components.

Alternately, each dot can give you one one BRP spell with POW costs being the standard cost.

Hope that helps.

-STS

If want to do Scion, here is how I handle the mega-attributes (also used in Trinity/Aberrant):

Mega Attributes/Epic Attributes

Each dot in the Mega/Epic Attribute category allows a single automatic success with that attribute, which would normally be excellent in the Storyteller system, but with BRP it is fairly useless, HOWEVER the following would make it not utterly useless… Each dot of Epic Attributes adds 10% to EVERY skill that can use that attribute.

Each dot of Mega Attributes does the same along with some extra effects such as multiple attacks, more skill points for the character creation pool, etc. These are Knacks or Enhancements

-STS

Nephilim was a good game, but it doesn't really handle vampires all that well...lemme check...nope, no vampire themed stuff. It could be used to simulate the nWoD mage pretty well (all re-incarnated Atlanteans, secret societies, magic), but lacks the "gothic-punk" feel of oWoD Vampire. You could redo the magic system well enough, but it would be clunky and would get in the way of supernaturally-buffed combat.

Just my .02 cents.

-STS

The fate/hero point option would also work well with Scion, since their define heritage would give them an advantage over mortals. BGB would work better than RQ I think because of the super powers and mutation power sets. Once you get to Demigod and god level your a superhero and Titan spawn can be done with the mutations. But your write up helps me with the necessary benchmarks to translate existing source material. Vampires I think might be more of a challenge, but I could be wrong since I never played WOD much.

Nephilim was a good game, but it doesn't really handle vampires all that well...lemme check...nope, no vampire themed stuff. It could be used to simulate the nWoD mage pretty well (all re-incarnated Atlanteans, secret societies, magic), but lacks the "gothic-punk" feel of oWoD Vampire. You could redo the magic system well enough, but it would be clunky and would get in the way of supernaturally-buffed combat.

Just my .02 cents.

-STS

You need to get the Selenim downloads off the Yahoo group which gives rules for that kind of thing.

• 1 month later...

Not sure exactly when it's coming out, but the upcoming BRP game, "After the Vampire Wars" should have what you need to do a V:tM game.

Please don't contact me with Chaosium questions. I'm no longer associated with the company, and have no idea what the new management is doing.