Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BRP hardcover errata

Downloads
    Uploads

Default BRP hardcover errata

[EDIT: See post #7 for my compiled list.]

Hi - new to BRP, new to the forums, first post, be nice to me.

Is there an errata sheet for the BRP hardcover? I swear I've done a million searches, and can't see to find one. It's probably one of those stupid "it's right in front of your face" sort of things ...

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by kreider204; April 1st, 2013 at 02:51.

Downloads
    Uploads

I just uploaded a copy to the Downloads section. I think I originally obtained it from the Chaosium site.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi, nclarke - thanks very much, I appreciate the help. However, I think that's an errata sheet of things that were wrong in the softcover and were corrected for the hardcover - at least, they seem ok in my copy.

That's the problem I'm running into - I can find softcover errata, but not hardcover. Worse, it seems some softcover errata were corrected for the hardcover, but some were not. I was hoping someone had collated all the errata still left in the hardcover for convenient reference.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by kreider204 View Post
    That's the problem I'm running into - I can find softcover errata, but not hardcover. Worse, it seems some softcover errata were corrected for the hardcover, but some were not. I was hoping someone had collated all the errata still left in the hardcover for convenient reference.
    Most of the "errors" are some rules and explanations, not really errors in case of wrong numbers. (They are there, though).

I have a fully updated BRP PDF addressing all the errors and will try to make it available. Although I own the hardcover book, I have no idea if they are fixed in there. As far as I know this is not the case, as Chaosium only included the errata from the old BRP WiKi we had. And not all errors were included there.

Downloads
    Uploads

OK, so here's my Errata for BRP. I included everything I could find so far, and corrected it according to discussions in the forum.

The Zip fils includes a PDF showing the page, the location of the error and the corrected text on a new page. It also includes a PDF you can print and replace the page in your book. Also, I included the Errata file for people owning Adobe Acrobat Pro, so you can import the file and see the comments and corrections in your BRP PDF.

But beware, it _replaces_ the error and I did not match the fonts correctly. It does not look ugly, but is not perfect either. Also, the edited PDF does not show well on an iPad (I have a different version for that, including only annotations, not the replacements).

I hope folks find this useful. I will also send the file to Charlie and Dusting, maybe they can edit the PFD and make the corrected version available.

BRP Errata PDF and Print

Downloads
    Uploads

Thank you kindly!

Downloads
    Uploads

Okay, I went through your errata PDF and made a simple text list. I didn't include those that were already corrected, and I included a few others I found in the forums or in my own reading. If I've made any errors, or if anyone else has any errata that they've found in the hardcover, let me know and I'll add them.

Thanks again!

Pg. 17, 22, 381: There should not be boxes in front of the Status skill or the blank specialty line below it.
    Pg. 17, 22, 381: The First Aid skill starts at 30% or INTx1% (depending on the setting period).
    Pg. 24: Next to “Step Nine,” it should probably say “possessions,” not “profession.”
    Pg. 26: In the Character SIZ Chart, the entry that reads “205-\” should probably read “205-210.”
    Pg. 52: Artillery Specialties should reference pg. 268, “Artillery Weapon Classes.”
    Pg. 55: Drive is a physical skill, not a manipulation skill.
    Pg. 62: Under “Heavy Weapon, Base Chance,” Weapon Classes are on pg. 257 (not 248).
    Pg. 95: The cost per level for Control (in the chart) should probably be 3 (to match the description).
    Pg. 95: “Flame” should probably be named “Fire” (to match the description on pg. 97).
    Pg. 95: The cost per level for Ward should probably be 3 (to match the description on pg. 102).
    Pg. 95: “Wound” should probably be named “Wounding” (to match the description on pg. 102).
    Pg. 98: Strike the first two sentences of the last paragraph of the Invisibility spell.
    Pg. 147: Defense should probably be 5% per level (to match the description on pg. 151).
    Pg. 159: Strike the first two sentences of the last paragraph of the Invisibility power.
    Pg. 172, 384: The Skill Results Table rounds fractions up instead of rounding them normally.
    Pg. 208: Minor Wounds cost less than half (not “half or less than half”) of total hit points.
    Pg. 214: The last sentence of the first paragraph under “Autofire” should be deleted.
    Pg. 215: In the first italicized example under “Big and Little Targets,” replace +30% with +15%.
    Pg. 224: In the text, the fiery boat or house fire damage should probably be 2D6 (as per the table).
    Pg. 255: The skill for Brass Knuckles is Hand, not Brawl (Brawl is still the Base).
    Pg. 265: The skills for artillery should be by artillery weapon class (see pg. 268).
    Pg. 267: In Note 1, it should probably read “1D6 per range increment” (as per “Explosives” on pg. 222).
    Pg. 268: The Shrapnel rules don’t seem to work for modern artillery, which has better damage as is.
    Pg. 296: The metric ton weight for every size 72 and up is wrong; shift them each up one step.
    Pg. 329 ff.: Several “Creatures” have the Artillery skill; each should indicate one or more artillery classes.
    Pg. 360: In the Cyborg powers, it should read “Defense 2” (not 20).
    Last edited by kreider204; April 14th, 2013 at 19:53.

Downloads
    Uploads

Sounds about right, but does not look as fancy I think you got everything, though.

No too shabby for a 400 pages book ...

Maybe we can make this a stickie?

Downloads
    Uploads

Not as fancy - I'm a minimalist sorta fella.

Ya, it's only about one erratum per 20ish pages - that's great.

I second the request for a sticky!

Downloads
    Uploads

Bump for a sticky request?