Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Arcania of Legend: Elementalism - Now Available!

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Arcania of Legend: Elementalism - Now Available!

The latest volume of Arcania of Legend is now available for the Legend RPG, adding a new magic system to the game - this time, it is the turn of Elementalism.

You can grab a copy here;

http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/produc...iliate_id=7242

Common magical lore divides physical existence into four basic elements; Air, Earth, Fire, and Water. By manipulating these elements, Elementalists create some of the most spectacular effects of magic, raising walls of stone around themselves or raining fiery death upon their enemies. Unlike practitioners of common magic who barely touch the power of the elements and Priests whose powers come from the Gods, sorcerers master the raw elemental forces without permission and, most of the time, even without acknowledgement.

By enhancing a sword with Fireblade or using Breathe Water, all magic users are elementalists in a way. Their knowledge, however, is limited to the strictly defined spells they learn from their communities, churches and sorcerous orders. Beyond that basic knowledge, there are those who dare a greater understanding of the elements and walk the Four Elemental Ways gaining power over the building blocks of the universe.

Downloads
    Uploads

Sounds good...any ETA for the dead tree version ?

Downloads
    Uploads

"Arcania of Legend" is a horrible name. It just screams CHEAP!
    Why not "arcana"? It's a nice Latin word (the plural of "arcanum"), and an English one too. It reminds of Unearthed Arcana.
    Arcania ia an embarassing non-word. And it's the title of a videogame.

"Arcania of Legend" truly deserves to sit on a shelve next to WotC's "Libris Mortis" and to "Malum Umbra" and "Extrico Tabula" - the infamous companions to Chtulhu Invictus.

Downloads
    Uploads

I don't think Mongoose cares that the name is wrong, since they were teased about it quite a bit the last time
    Oh well its not like the fantasy genre isn't already infested with bad made up names, one more can't hurt.

Miles

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Vexthug View Post
    I don't think Mongoose cares that the name is wrong, since they were teased about it quite a bit the last time
    Oh well its not like the fantasy genre isn't already infested with bad made up names, one more can't hurt.

Miles
    Sorry. I did not know it had already been said. I would have spared my rant

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Agentorange View Post
    Sounds good...any ETA for the dead tree version ?
    If not a printed book can you make it, as well as the other PDF's that haven't seen print yet, available as a POD ?
    141/420

Downloads
    Uploads

An updated version is now available. The update corrects some minor errata and includes 2 additional spells, Crush and Desiccate (Earth and Water versions of Wrack).

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by tal View Post
    If not a printed book can you make it, as well as the other PDF's that haven't seen print yet, available as a POD ?
    It will be out in print a little later this year.

As for Arcania - we use it because I like it

Downloads
    Uploads

Personally I don't mind Arcania. That being said I think Arcana sounds better as a title, but Arcania is different and so I don't mind it.
    Check Solace Games out on Facebook here!

Downloads
    Uploads

The Elemental Mastery rules are particularly neat.