Advanced Sorcery imminent!

BMonroe

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I couldn't find a PDF available for purchase, only hard copy. Waaaah. I have to wait.

Does anyone know if Chaosium ever bundles the physical copy and PDF? I definitely want the PDF, and maybe the print if it's as great as I hope. If there's a bundle I might just do both at the same time.

Steve

Bathalians, the newest UberVillians!

• 2 weeks later...

Having that book in their warehouse with my name on it..and not being able to devour it, is maddening! I'd hoped for a link to at least the PDF so I could cuddle up with my laptop over the weekend! LOL

Author QUASAR space opera system: https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/459723/QUASAR?affiliate_id=810507

My Magic World projects page: Tooleys Underwhelming Projects

I have bought it on pre-order from Amazon, its much cheaper internationally than paying for shipping from Chaosium. Can't wait for it to arrive, but no ETA on Amazon as yet, its likely to be at least a month or so after its published by Chaosium. I hope the pdf is available soon, that will suffice until I hold the actual book in my hands...

" Sure it's fun, but it is also well known that a D20 roll and an AC is no match against a hefty swing of a D100% and a D20 Hit Location Table!"

I've notice that Chaosium have put out several other books in the passed week. I suppose that's the reason the PDF hasn't gone up for sale yet. Hopefully It'll be downloading onto our hard drives any day soon. I've already pre-ordered my hard copy from a UK game shop I've used for years. I live in Spain now, so mine will have to take a second journey to join my RPG collection. It could be a while.

Just scanning through Advanced Sorcery and one thing occurred to me - If practitioners of Deep Magic are plucked from their families into a secluded training society at 6 years old, shouldn't they get their own culture and career entry with which to replace the usual choices? after all if each one can only master one Sphere and one Glyph, that choice is going to have a significant impact on what other skills they train in.

Maybe an article opening up Deep Magician character creation would be a useful add-on?

Clearly, "what I like" is awesome, and a well-considered, educated opinion. While "what other people like" is stupid, and just a bunch of made up gobbledygoook. - zomben

Victor of the "I Bought, We Won"

Wow. Full price on the Chaosium web site, half price on drivethurpg....

That's not what I'm seeing -- I see $13.17 each place for the PDF. You get rewards at Chaosium. I went with DriveThru just because I have a lot of PDFs there and re-downloading has always been super-easy.

Steve

That's not what I'm seeing -- I see $13.17 each place for the PDF. You get rewards at Chaosium. I went with DriveThru just because I have a lot of PDFs there and re-downloading has always been super-easy.

Steve

Ahh, I see. Fooled by the DrivethruRPG technique of crossing out an imaginary "full price". "Was $23.95 now $13.17" even though it's never been $23.95. What shonks.

132/420

So I've been going through Advanced Sorcery and checking out the Arete section. I see some skill examples listed at 300+...Does this happen?

I've only been playing for less than a year and my players have barely broke 100% in a few skills.

Only POSSIBLY going up 1d6/1d8% per "adventure" seems to make 300% pretty unattainable.

Author QUASAR space opera system: https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/459723/QUASAR?affiliate_id=810507

My Magic World projects page: Tooleys Underwhelming Projects

Ahh, I see. Fooled by the DrivethruRPG technique of crossing out an imaginary "full price". "Was $23.95 now $13.17" even though it's never been $23.95. What shonks.

Heh. I agree. I retaliated by putting everything I want on my wishlist and tracking prices on a spreadsheet. When there's a sale I check everything against that (and enter prices). Now I know what a 'good' price is, and DriveThru has trained me to only buy on sale...

Steve

So I've been going through Advanced Sorcery and checking out the Arete section. I see some skill examples listed at 300+...Does this happen?

It could in Stormbringer, so you should be able to get to those levels here, though it will be difficult.

SDLeary