Advanced Sorcery imminent!

BMonroe

SDleary speaks wisdom. Its entirely possible, though difficult. Though it's actually easier in MW than many other BRP games. Note the stat bonus to experience rolls, and the different ways occupation skills advance compared to regular skills. Also, starting characters at higher skill level (Epic, etc.) outs you that much closer.

Also, SDLeary: I still have your copy of MW and Advanced Sorcery. Let's figure out a time to get together soon and I'll get them to you.

Please don't contact me with Chaosium questions. I'm no longer associated with the company, and have no idea what the new management is doing.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, Ben. The underlined section below has me confused. Are you saying whenever an experience roll for a skill succeeds,the player adds 1d6/1d8 PLUS the characteristics bonus to the new total? I just reread the experience roll section again and am not seeing this...clarify please?

SDleary speaks wisdom. Its entirely possible, though difficult. Though it's actually easier in MW than many other BRP games. Note the stat bonus to experience rolls, and the different ways occupation skills advance compared to regular skills. Also, starting characters at higher skill level (Epic, etc.) outs you that much closer.

Also, SDLeary: I still have your copy of MW and Advanced Sorcery. Let's figure out a time to get together soon and I'll get them to you.

Author QUASAR space opera system: https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/459723/QUASAR?affiliate_id=810507

My Magic World projects page: Tooleys Underwhelming Projects

Nope. It's the thing where you have a skill over 100%, so when you roll for experience checks, you try to roll over (100-stat). Most BRP games aren't so lenient...

Please don't contact me with Chaosium questions. I'm no longer associated with the company, and have no idea what the new management is doing.

Thank goodness! That little piece of errata would have started skill point Armageddon amongst my Players! LOL!

Nope. It's the thing where you have a skill over 100%, so when you roll for experience checks, you try to roll over (100-stat). Most BRP games aren't so lenient...

Author QUASAR space opera system: https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/459723/QUASAR?affiliate_id=810507

My Magic World projects page: Tooleys Underwhelming Projects