Interest for another BRP bundle at Bag of Holding?

Jae

A lot of us (me included) missed out on this epic Runequest 6 bundle from bundleofholding.com last month:

Screenshot+2014-02-04+at+14.44.03.png

There is a chance that it may return later this year, especially if there is enough interest generated. Also, there is always the possibility of another BRP bundle too.

Please comment below if this is something that interests you and what you would like to see in a bundle and hopefully we can attract the notice of the webmaster of bundleofholding and any BRP creators so another juicy bundle will come along.

• 2 weeks later...

I would love to get my hands on a BRP Bundle of Holding, but I don't know that it will benefit the publishers all that much. Although I did get Clockwork & Chivalry in a recent bundle and it inspired me to buy Renaissance.

How do bundles get put together, and what's in it for the publishers to offer their games at such enormous discounts?

Quoting from the Design Mechanism web site:

If you've been thinking about buying RuneQuest 6, this is superb way of buying into the system.

Please help spread the word. Its a wonderful opportunity for people to sample RuneQuest and its latest supplements at a terrific price and to help support two excellent, deserving causes.

I useĀ  fantasygrounds.com

Just to manage some expectations...

We don't intend repeating the Bundle of Holding in the foreseeable future. There are a number of reasons for this, and sorry to have to disappoint, but it will be a while before we offer another.

As to a BRP bundle... I do believe that Chaosium turned-down the chance to join a wider d100 Bundle, as did a couple of other publishers, because we did explore this when looking into the RQ Bundle. Perhaps that will change in the future, and obviously Chaosium and others had their reasons, but I can't see a wider BRP bundle happening in the near future (although will be very happy if proved wrong).

The Design Mechanism: Publishers of Mythras

DM logo Freeforums Icon.png

We don't intend repeating the Bundle of Holding in the foreseeable future. There are a number of reasons for this, and sorry to have to disappoint, but it will be a while before we offer another.

I picked up the RQ6 bundle already having the core rules. I'm sorry that it's not something you are interested in doing again. I personally love bundle of holding and it's really gotten me to buy outside of what I would normally consider getting. I'm sorry that it apparently didn't work out.

70/420

I picked up the RQ6 bundle already having the core rules. I'm sorry that it's not something you are interested in doing again. I personally love bundle of holding and it's really gotten me to buy outside of what I would normally consider getting. I'm sorry that it apparently didn't work out.

It's not that it didn't work out - it was enormously successful - but we don't view BoH as something that you regularly repeat. It should be something special, offer value to both old and new customers, and not be viewed simply as a chance to grab a bunch of cheap PDFs. So we won't look at repeating the Bundle until we have substantially increased the range of books we have to offer.

The Design Mechanism: Publishers of Mythras

DM logo Freeforums Icon.png

It's not that it didn't work out - it was enormously successful - but we don't view BoH as something that you regularly repeat. It should be something special, offer value to both old and new customers, and not be viewed simply as a chance to grab a bunch of cheap PDFs. So we won't look at repeating the Bundle until we have substantially increased the range of books we have to offer.

Actually, I think that's wise. I'm concerned that savvy users who hold off on buying new gaming material until that Bundle or that special on Drive-Thru are affecting some publishers' bottom lines. I'm guilty of that behavior myself at times, having dropped a bit of money at Drive-Thru yesterday on their Tabletop Day specials. but I don't limit my PDF purchasing to those times if I can avoid it financially. And while I will shop for a good price, I am keenly aware that game companies need to make money somehow if they're going to continue producing good games.

Thank goodness that the RQ6 hardcopy is back in print. Just seeing it on my bookshelf salves my conscience.

• 2 weeks later...

Slightly-necro (sorry) but I too missed the RQ6 Bundle (to

my immense regret) and I too would be interested in sundry

other BRP-based BoH's... though not, I confess, Delta Green

(I'm just not that into RP'ing the Cthulhu Mythos, is all...) .

Just my .02

C'es ne pas un .sig

I was certainly guilty of picking up the RQ6 bundle out of curiosity and value; I'm not saying I won't run it or buy anything hardcopy but it wasn't at the top of my limited spending ability. There's been unforeseen consequences, however. A friend I hadn't spoken to in while phoned me up and we chatted about games for a bit before he said he had been looking at getting hold of RQ6; he used to run RQ back in the day. I was able to let him have a look at the core rulebook and he's pretty interested in giving it a go over G+. Interestingly, he said that he won't run it without the hardcopy so there's a fair chance of good money going back into the game and that's exactly how I feel; I very, very rarely run anything without a hard copy of the material.

Edited by ragr
Spelling.