The Gods War

Nakana

RQ3 Gods Of Glorantha had some good stuff on this.

Possibly also the HeroQuest Glorantha book and the MRQ2 Cult Compedium as well (but offhand I'ld have to check these).

No doubt the upcoming Guide To Glorantha will touch on it as well, but I'm unsure as to what length.

I'ld strongly advise you to get an account with Glorantha.com (Moon Design) and post this comment over there. You'll find yourself knee deep in Gloranthan lore and resources from those forums

Edited by Mankcam

" Sure it's fun, but it is also well known that a D20 roll and an AC is no match against a hefty swing of a D100% and a D20 Hit Location Table!"

Thank you sir! You are a gentleman and a scholar!

(I was even browsing the Glorantha website earlier and didn't even think to create an account and you know... talk to people there... ) =\

I keep getting little nuggets of info here and there but I'm hoping to find one source that just lays it all out. Who did what, important battles, turning points, etc. etc.

Especially looking for info on the role Arachne Solara played (I know she created the Great/Cosmic Compromise and birthed Time, but can't find any details)

BGB = BRP Gold. New book = BRP Platinum.  Stay metal. 

I think you may find that Moon Design is considering publishing a content-only book on Gloranthan mythology which I thought I read was a potential product after The Guide To Glorantha. I'm sure it will be a definitive volume on the subject, much like what they are wanting to achieve with the cultures in Guide To Glorantha.

I would certainly recommend posting on Glorantha.com as you will have access to some heavy weight Gloranthan scholars there, and don't be surprised if the current developers chyme in as well. Given the significant background of the setting, you'll best go straight to the source I reckon ;D

Edited by Mankcam

" Sure it's fun, but it is also well known that a D20 roll and an AC is no match against a hefty swing of a D100% and a D20 Hit Location Table!"

• 1 year later...

Speaking of the Gods War... Sandy has just posted this on the Glorantha G+ site, worth repeating here:

"I am now moving almost full steam ahead on Gods War (there are still some balance tests left for Cthulhu Wars Onslaught Two, but not much). 

So Gods War is a thing now. Takes place during the Great Darkness, though it starts off in the Lesser Darkness. Usually the Spike explodes during the second turn, occasionally the third.

The core factions are Chaos, Darkness, Sky, and Storm, featuiring as their chief gods Raglagar, Kyger Litor, Yelm, and Orlanth. Of course."

• Like 4