Pirates & Dragons Is Now Available!

doomedpc

PIRATES & DRAGONS IS HERE!

The Pirates & Dragons Core Rulebook is now available in PDF! Get it now, and you'll get the price of it knocked off the print edition when its available! Also available is a PDF poster map of the Dragon Isles.

Pirates-Dragons-PDF-Cover-Small.jpg

Plus, coming soon – Curious Creatures of the Dragon Isles, Gazetteer #1: Tales of Tortuga and Ships of the Dragon Isles.

http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/product/128665/Pirates--Dragons-Core-Rulebook

http://clockworkandchivalry.co.uk/2014/04/pirates-dragons-is-here/

Peter Cakebread

>:>Cakebread&WaltonO:)

Purveyors of Fine Imaginings

It's looking great. I was very pleased to see the monkey entry ;). You even added the option of importing Old World monkeys and apes to the Dragon Isles. Now that's versatility!

Thanks, Vorax! I might have written the pirate pets section without your nudging - possibly - but you can definitely take credit for the amount of monkey in there :)

Peter Cakebread

Thanks, Vorax! I might have written the pirate pets section without your nudging - possibly - but you can definitely take credit for the amount of monkey in there :)

When I get this game to the table I'll base a whole scenario around a particularly mischievous specimen that had a notorious pirate shave it and tatoo a treasure map on its back, after which it escaped and got lost...

RPGbericht (Dutch)

Just spent a happy Easter Sunday morning in bed, with the rain throwing it down outside, perusing my copy. Awesome work and I can't wait to run a game or even port loads of it into a prequel to my steampunk airship game. The rude parrot may me spray tea all over my laptop.

Just spent a happy Easter Sunday morning in bed, with the rain throwing it down outside, perusing my copy. Awesome work and I can't wait to run a game or even port loads of it into a prequel to my steampunk airship game. The rude parrot may me spray tea all over my laptop.

Thanks, Cdr Vimes :)

Ha ha, the parrot has done its work!

Peter Cakebread

This was a great reward for supporting your kickstarter. The PDF is great I can't wait for my hard copy to arrive. This is really a new golden age for BRP based games.

Thanks, Omro :D It wouldn't have become a reality without everyone's pledges - I'm thrilled people are liking what they see.

Peter Cakebread

I'm so pleased to hear folk are liking P&D so far :) We're hoping we can get the word out there and really get the line moving. We have the bestiary and first gazetteer in the pipeline - and we reckon a book of ships is on the horizon. We have a stack of other things we'd like to develop for the setting :)

Thanks again, everybody :D

Peter Cakebread

This was one kickstarter project I had to skip unfortunately. I'm now thrilled to see it released for wider publication. I greedily scooped up the corebook pdf and it looks great. I can't wait to hold the hardcover edition in my hands, and I'll love to see some more resources for it.

Fine work fellers!

" Sure it's fun, but it is also well known that a D20 roll and an AC is no match against a hefty swing of a D100% and a D20 Hit Location Table!"

I'm having some trouble reading the pdf on my tablet. It works but loading times are terribly long. Could this have to do with my hardware and/or software? Any advice to improve this would be welcome. I currently use the most recent version of Adobe Reader and my tablet is a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (10.1).

RPGbericht (Dutch)

It runs well on my iPad 3 using good reader. Maybe try a different app?

Usually it works fine, but I've had the same problem with one other pdf, the Hollow Earth Expedition core book. Something about these two pdf-files apparently makes them particularly "heavy" to process. I've tried Aldiko with Hollow Earth Expedition, but that was only a very minor improvement. Sill I'll give it another go.

Any other apps you'd suggest using?

Would switching off the energy-saving option on my tablet help?

RPGbericht (Dutch)

Hi Vorax,

Ken, he say:

"It's a *little* slow on my Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, but not unworkable. Turning off energy saving might well help, as it does throttle back the processor. (You could always give it a try and switch it back on again if it makes no difference).

I use ezPDF Reader Pro, which seems to cope with files better than the official Adobe reader.

And sorry you're having trouble - I've done all the correct optimisation on the file when creating it, so I've no idea why it's lagging."

Peter Cakebread

I've been reading using Adobe Acrobat on a Google Nexus 7. At normal reading speeds it resolves just fine. It does take time to resolve (first from white screen to blurred, and then to readably sharp) if I move through the file rapidly.

I did notice that the table of contents is structured oddly: there is one hierarchy, then after "Fatigue" the mark points break into three new hierarchies: "Pirates & Dragons 2.pdf", "Pirates & Dragons 3.pdf" and "Pirates & Dragons 4.pdf".

Turning off the energy-saving thingy makes no difference whatsoever. As far as I have been able to find out ezPDF Reader Pro is not free. I'm cheap when it comes to anything but RPGs ;) so I'd like to use a free pdf reading app if possible. Anyone have any suggestions?

I did notice that the table of contents is structured oddly: there is one hierarchy, then after "Fatigue" the mark points break into three new hierarchies: "Pirates & Dragons 2.pdf", "Pirates & Dragons 3.pdf" and "Pirates & Dragons 4.pdf".

Yeah, I noticed that too...

RPGbericht (Dutch)

I'm running Adobe Reader on a Surface Pro 2. Resolution time is slightly slower than most pdfs, but otherwise the pdf loads up okay for me

" Sure it's fun, but it is also well known that a D20 roll and an AC is no match against a hefty swing of a D100% and a D20 Hit Location Table!"

• 1 month later...

Unfortunately I missed the kickstarter, but I finally picked this up and have been quite impressed by it. Forgive my ignorance, but are there plans for more supporting material or adventures?

I'm glad you like it :D Yes! We have had a lot of trouble getting the print version out (due to hiccups at the printer end and with our file prep) - but it looks like the problems have been resolved - we'll know for sure when we get the proofs back...again.

We also have Curious Creatures of the Dragon Isles, a bestiary. The writing is complete, the initial art is done (bar some colouring) and so it should be out in PDF very soon and in print not long after. Tales of Tortuga is also coming out - the final Kickstarted piece - a Gazetteer for one of the archipelagos, with two short adventures. After that, it'll depend on the success of the line - we certainly have a host of ideas!!!

Peter Cakebread

I'm glad you like it :D Yes! We have had a lot of trouble getting the print version out (due to hiccups at the printer end and with our file prep) - but it looks like the problems have been resolved - we'll know for sure when we get the proofs back...again.

We also have Curious Creatures of the Dragon Isles, a bestiary. The writing is complete, the initial art is done (bar some colouring) and so it should be out in PDF very soon and in print not long after. Tales of Tortuga is also coming out - the final Kickstarted piece - a Gazetteer for one of the archipelagos, with two short adventures. After that, it'll depend on the success of the line - we certainly have a host of ideas!!!

That's great! Now I'm really looking forward to the Bestiary - there's always room for more creatures.