Stats for fairies?

Mutant Mike

Hiya all. :)

Some years ago a friend loaned me his copy of Call of Cthulhu, fifth edition. I am sure that it had stats for fairies in it. I'm hopiing to put these critters into a game. But can't find them in the sixth edition of the game. Is my memory correct, or did I confuse it with another chaosium game?

There is fun in fear....

Never seen fairies in CoC, but I've never owned any ruleset past v1.

Merrie England has stats for several types of Fey Folk, for medieval Europe, but could be used anywhere.

If not, you could use the stats for Pixies, as they are pretty much the little, winged mischievous fairies.

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here

Never seen fairies in CoC, but I've never owned any ruleset past v1.

Merrie England has stats for several types of Fey Folk, for medieval Europe, but could be used anywhere.

If not, you could use the stats for Pixies, as they are pretty much the little, winged mischievous fairies.

Is Merrie England for BRP or is it for RQ? I need more information on different types of Fey so I will have a look at Merrie England but don't want too much game conversion problems.

There is fun in fear....

Better, stronger, faster, we have rebuilt it ...

The old one was RQ, the new version is BRP.

It is as easy to use for RQ as BRP, as I tend to write for a mixed-up/made-up combination of the two.

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here

• 4 weeks later...

I'd have to double check, but weren't their "faeries" in Mallus Monstrorum? I'll check it out and let people know.

SDLeary

Never mind. I was incorrectly thinking about some of the Avatars of Nyarlathotep... Black Man, Horned Man, Green Man...

I thought there was a Servitor Race as well that stated that race could have prompted the legends of the Faeries, but obviously can't find it now.

SDLeary

pixie actually

STR2d4 con 3d6 siz 1d6 int 3d6 pow 2d6+6 dex 4d6 app3d6 move 3/10 flying sling 30% 1d8 they are naturally invisible

Thanks for posting these statistics. The members at Yog sothoth kindly did so as well, but left out the fact that these critters are naturally invisible.;t)

There is fun in fear....

• 2 weeks later...

When it comes to fairies does SIZ matter? Especially when they are invisible?=O

Well, it does if you want them to be smaller than a cat. If they're sprites, nixies, pixies, brownies or whatnot their SIZ should probably reflect that.

Found this in Miskatonic yesterday and thought of you.

STR 1d4

CON 1d4

SIZ 1

INT 2d4

POW 1d3

DEX 2d6+8

Mov 6/3 climbing

HP 2

Weapons:

Bite 33%, damage 1

Massed Attack 99%, see below

Armor:

none, but little people are tiny and invisible. While unseen, an attacker's player must roll D100 equal to or less than POW to hit a creature. If visible, their small SIZ and high DEX halve firearm and missile attacks; hand to hand attacks are at full skill. The drunkenness required to see the little people imparts a penalty of its own (up to -30 percentile adjustment to rolls and skills.)

Spells:

All little people know the Sleep spell. Little people of POW 3 also know Summon Banshee and Unseelie Transformation. All are faerie spells.

Skills:

Climb 95%, Hide 95%, Jump 90%, Sneak 90%, Spot Hidden 45%

Sanity Loss:

Enduring an invisible little person's harassment costs 0/1 SAN. Seeing a lone little person costs 0/1d2 SAN. Seeing an angry horde of them or suffering a massed attack costs 1/1d6 SAN.

Massed Attack: Little people usually attack only in strength. When swarming, 1d20+5 goblins leap on and try to overwhelm an enemy. If the number of little people overcomes the target's STR when matched on the Resistance Table, the victim falls and loses any attacks that round and the next round as well. Each combat round a victim is swarmed upon and felled, divide the number of attacking goblins by three to determine how many points of bit damage the victim suffers. Round down fractions.

The Sleep spell is a group spell the fairies cast. Each provides a mp and then it's mp:POW to see if target falls asleep. Summon Banshee is a blood ritual where one of the little people is killed to summon a big bad monster and Unseelie Transformation is a pact a human can enter in with the little people. When the human dies, the little people collect the corpse and turn the dead human into a living member of the little people.

May not be of use to you, but I feel beholden to mention that my favorite version of the Goblin is in one of the Dreamland books. The stats are mostly 1d20s. Gives wonderful randomness. Pair it with a Brian Froud aesthetic and my day is made.

70/420

• 1 month later...

Well, it does if you want them to be smaller than a cat. If they're sprites, nixies, pixies, brownies or whatnot their SIZ should probably reflect that.

Found this in Miskatonic yesterday and thought of you.

Thank you Chaot. These are very useful to me.;t)

Edited by Mutant Mike

There is fun in fear....

• 4 weeks later...

How would you stat up Arthur Machen/Robert Howard/George McDonald style "little people"? Things That Were Once Men, they have dwindled in size (or SIZ) during their long subterranean exile but have increased in ferocity, decadence, and occult knowledge. They may not even look very human anymore (it varies by author and story) but are much stronger than their child-like statures would suggest. But they still like human women (or men, depending on the fairy's gender).

• 2 months later...